Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hollister stores: floating dust/germs in dressing rooms

Posted by bnicebkind (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 26, 08 at 12:58

Anyone else have a problem with the dressing rooms in Hollister? They are painted black, with lights that ILLUMINATE massive amounts of dust/germs floating in the air you breath as you try things on. They are claustrophobic (too small) painted black, and you watch the lights highlighting all of this dust floating around their dressing rooms. I now wonder if that is what we breathe everywhere we go indoors, or if we are just are highly aware of it because of the black painted surfaces of their dressing rooms, with the lights they use, or if it is just something weird, and their dressing rooms have huge amounts of dust for some reason??? I can't stand being in their dressing rooms, and the music is so blasted loud, that you can't even hear the person next to you talk.

They are chasing the paying customers out of the store, because the music is blasting sooooo loud!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hollister stores: floating dust/germs in dressing rooms

I've never been in a dressing room, but I can tell you I could scream when I have to go to Hollister for a gift card. Do they really need the music so loud that the gal behind the register can't hear you without you screaming? Go figure, the kids love the store, it is always crowded, so I guess the age group that shops at Hollister isn't worried about the dust or their hearing:)).

o

You have named some of the reasons that i dont even go into that store.

o

My daughter and her friends (and I by default) do shop there but I hate it for the all of the above reasons (you forgot to add that a good deal of the merchandise is trampy and tissue-paper thin!) Even the kids, though, laugh about the lighting and noise as being ridiculous but they'll shop there anyway because it is considered cool.

o

I no longer try on clothing in those awful dirty dressing rooms most stores have. The last time I was in one, someone left a bag behind. Inside it was a baby's dirty diaper. So disgusting that mother couldn't find a garbage receptacle! So I buy clothes, bring them home, and if they don't fit I return them!

o

Don't forget that a lot of floating dust is actually skin flakes!

Alhtough I like the clothes for my duaghter; the music is too lous and the store is too dark. So I shop elsewhere.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here