Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Maybelline Lash Expansion

Posted by darkeyedgirl (darkeyedgirl@virtualtourist.com) on
Wed, Feb 5, 03 at 12:48

I don't know if anyone has tried it yet, but I am amazed. I have red hair so my lashes are see-thru, but long and thick. This mascara is awesome. It REALLY makes your lashes double-up in volume and it is not clumpy. I use 'soft black' because I like the contrast of long lovely black lashes against pale skin and pink eyeshadow!

It's awesome!

- darkeyedgirl

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Maybelline Lash Expansion

I bought it last week too and really like it. I love the fat brush for it and also the mascara itself seems thin, not watery or anything like that just thin enough where it doesn't clump and goes on smooth and doesn't flake! I got Very Black, I too like the look of dark lashes with pale skin. I also got the new Covergirl mascara, I can't remember the name of it now but thats still in the package, we'll see how that one goes.

o

I don't have this one, but have Full & Soft still unopened. Try to use two only for every 3-4 months. Jenny, is that CG Multiplying Mascara? Let us know how that works. I really like CG Super Thick Lash (in red tube), it's not waterproof, but it doesn't flake or smudge at all till the end of the day. Very black and give dramatic look, lengthen and thicken my lashes. This is a keeper. I'm wondering if the Proffesional and Triple Aqua Stay are as good as this one.

o

I went and purchased the "Lash Expansion" mascara and it really is good!!!! I got the brown/black and am very impressed with how it went on!!! Now we'll see how it ends the day...on my lashes, or on my face ;o)

o

I will have to say this: it does sorta end up on your face, depending on how you wash your face at the end of the night.

Now I don't know about y'all but I go through this 20-minute ritual every single evening. I first rinse my face with warm water, then use eye make up remover (you do need it with Lash Expansion - it's not waterproof but it has staying power). Then I put Clean & Clear cleanser on my face and let it sit, then I exfoliate. Then use the astringent and then of course the lotion and the eye goop.

Then like a day later I'm ready to do it all again... LOL... kidding...

Anyhooie you most likely will need an eyemakeup remover.

The best overall that I have ever used, and this is coming from a girl with sensitive skin AND who wears contacts !!!... is Victoria's Secret eye make up remover. It is crystal clear and it is kind of an oil-water mix. You have to shake it first. It is not oily and not alcohol-y. Just perfect. It didn't harm my sensitive eyes or my sensitive skin, it removed the Lash Expansion, and you only need a little.

Normally I dislike V.S.'s line of make up, cuz it's either too perfumey or too expensive, but my friend works there in the mall and she told me I had to try it. I did and it's awesome.

- darkeyedgirl

o

Thank you Ma'am...my DH will be delighted that I want something at VS....when we "walk" the mall, he always checks out the displays and wants to know "Don't you need something"???? I appreciate your help with this one...I tried my old stand-by baby oil to get it off, and I just made a big mess!!!! Thanks again!!

o

It was recommend here a while back and I ran out to try it and I LOVE it. It does have staying power and you do have to work at getting it off - but I still love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here