Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Moisturizers with a 'glow'?

Posted by joyce58 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 22, 07 at 10:11

Hi....Any suggestions for body moisturizers that also give you the "glow"?
Some of them smell awful and I would prefer one without a scent or a very light scent....I have used the Aveeno brand and it doesn't do anything for my medium skin...I still look "winter- white"!
Thanks,
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Moisturizers with a 'glow'?

I was given a jar of Origins Ginger Souffle. It has a golden shimmer to it on your skin and smells a bit like a spice cookie!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ginger Souffle

o

Why not just try a sunless tanning lotion. They do have some good ones that can give you a glow in about 30 minutes. I prefer ENDLESS SUMMER by coppertone. Just make sure to exfoliate first with a loofah or something to get rid of dry,dead skin. In a half hour you could look like you just got back from vacation.

o

Oh! You wanted a tanning product! Duh! I tried the Jergens one. It adds a teeny bit of color at a time. It is less likely to streak on damp, just showered skin.

o

bm, I love the ginger souffle also; and the bath creme is wonderful.

o

I love ginger souffle too. Never noticed a shimmer, though.

o

Joyce, I think the scent that your talking about is the chemical additive that dyes the skin (the 'glow'). It's pretty much unavoidable with self-tanning products, but there are definitely some that don't stink as badly as others.

I'd do an internet search for a sunless tanning site - I remember seeing one when I was in the market for a sunless tanner that actually rated all the products they tried, and they had before and after pics for most as well.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here