Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Farouk CHI Flat Iron?

Posted by ramrice (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 21, 07 at 8:21

I currently have a 1-inch ceramic flat iron, but for my thick coarse hair I think I need a 2-inch one. Does anyone have the Farouk flat iron? It's rather expensive (around $120) but I was wondering if it is better than any other 2-inch ceramic iron.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Farouk CHI Flat Iron?

Hey! I just wanted to let you know about this great new website weeklycouture.com its basically an insiders guide to everything hot and new from fashion and lifestyle to events and sales. Just go to weeklycouture.com and click on "Subscribe"!

Here is a link that might be useful: Weekly Couture

o

Ramrice, I was wondering the same thing - thinking of going to a stylist and getting straightened with one before I shell out the small fortune for one of my own. I hate how much money it costs for me to be able to walk out the front door without my hair scaring people! Lol

o

The Chi is the best that I've found, also the HAI. Pretty much the same quality, but the HAI is a few dollars cheaper. Check on line to get the best price. I wouldn't get the 2 inch plate, though. I don't know why, but the 1 inch one just works so much better, even on long thick hair. My clients are always amazed how straight I can get their hair with the Chi.

o

Just bought the Chi and love it - The cheaper one I use to have burned bits of my hair, this one seems to be so much kinder - Personally, I think it is worth the money

Carrie

o

I did end up buying the 2 inch Chi (for about $90), and it is much better than the 1 inch flat iron I had. I use it once or twice a week when my hair looks too frizzy and it doesn't seem to do any damage.

o

While chi is a good one GHD is far better, i have one and can flat iron any type of hair!!!! Plus the plates rotate and swivel so you can also curl your hair too. They run about 200.00 however they come with a one year warrenty, If the temp goes above or below 374 it will turn it self off! That is cause 374 is the best temp for hair anything else is either too hot or not hot enough.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here