Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
new post for beauty secrets

Posted by coolmama (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 27, 07 at 6:06

My biggest beauty secret is that I use a topical retinoid (differin gel). I started using it for acne as prescribed by my dermatologist and one side effect is that it gets rid of wrinkles too!
It produces more collegen in the skin,creating a younger look. People can never believe I'm 30 years old. I get carded all the time!
derms prescribe this now to older women who want more radiant looking skin as well.

What is a beauty secret you'd like to share?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: new post for beauty secrets

coolmamma..I am going to my dermo tomorrow. I am currently using Benzicyclin (sp) for acne and I like it very much but I am going to ask him if there is a combo acne/wrinkles med. I could use. My sons have used the differin gel and they developed very dry skin. Was it an issue for you?

o

How long have your sons been using it? I noticed some dryness the first week or so,but after continued use,this side effect went away. I only use it once a day...if your sons find that the dry skin continues,simply tell them to cut the dose down.
Like,if they are using it twice a day,cut back to once a day.
If they are already using it once a day,use it every other day.That should take care of the problem.
Then,once their faces adjust to it,they can up the dose again.

I have been using it a year now and my skin is not dry at all. (of course my biggest problem has always been oil)

I have heard that differin gel is good with wrinkles,but Retna-A microgel is even better. Of course this has been known to cause some dryness too.

o

Use this Mac product called FYEye. It's a thick cream/lotion you put on your eyelids prior to applying eye shadow. Your makeup stays on your eyes for 8 to 12 hours. It's great.

o

coolmamma..they have used it for years and they were recommended to use oil of olay moisturizer. I asked the dermo about acne/wrinkles and he prescribed retin A .025. Believe it or not...I haven't been able to fill it yet and try it. He said sometimes insurance won't cover it for acne but if that happens he will write a letter. My major wrinkles are the crows feet around the eyes. He said careful when putting it there but it would help.

o

I love Sei Bella's Eye Soothing treatment and their Timeless Age-defying Serum. Both have definitely reduced wrinkles and tightened my skin. Good stuff!

o

My beauty secret is my Essenzza Japanese Facial Treatment masks that have three varieties. I bought it online and I've been using it for a few months now. I am in love with this products because it is made for all skin types> I have sensitive skin and I got red marks or rashes whenever I applied masks but when I use this product my skin is soft and smoother than before and I don't have rashes anymore. The good thing about this product it's natural.

o

Wear rubber gloves to wash your hair in the shower or in a sink. It saves your manicure.

o

My other beauty secret is using the natural facial wipes to deep cleanse my face. Our face is the most exposed to sun , dirt and pollutions so we can bring the facial wipes anywhere we go and we can clean our face whenever we feel so oily and dirty. It is natural and no harmful ingredients.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here