Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wanted Facial Scrub

Posted by christina00 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 24, 07 at 3:47

Does anyone know where I can get a decent facial scrub? I have sensitive skin but love to use a face scrub now and again. If you can suggest one it would be great help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wanted Facial Scrub

St. Ives has those apricot facial scrubs that are great!! There is one for sensitive skin too..

o

Just mix a little baking soda with your regular cleanser.

o

I can not use them they make my face red, I use the Oil of Oly facial cloths they are just enough of a scrub for me.

o

Roc makes an exfoliator that is gentle, not many grains, I've used it often.

o

I cant use them either,they make break outs worse and irratate my skin.I prefer chemically exfoliating. I use a product by neostrata that contains 4% PHA (an alpha hydroxy-like product) that leaves my skin smooth as a baby's bottom.

o

The only scrub I like is Ambi Even and Clear. It isn't overly drying or rough like the apricot kernel scrubs.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ambi

o

I make my own with lemon and sugar. I have *extremely* sensitive skin, though, so I have to dilute it with water and go easy with the sugar. (Hint - do not use warm water, sugar will melt. Lol.)

o

I don't have sensitive skin but I do like the Aveeno products with soy and use their face scrub at night, every night. Easy to find at big box stores (Wal-Mart, Target), reasonable price. It seems fairly gentle to me. I think you could probably put a little in your palm and then mix in a little regular gentle cleanser to reduce the number of grains too.
Mary

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here