Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Heated Eyelash Curler

Posted by lisb (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 25, 06 at 3:21

I have difficult to curl eyelashes. Has anyone used one of the heated kinds? Lis.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Heated Eyelash Curler

I've never heard of such a thing. Wouldn't it be dangerous to put something hot near your eye?

o

No, I'm sure they're not dangerous. They are supposed to warm up enough to allow the lashes to curl better. I was just wondering if anyone had tried one of these.

o

Lis, sorry, I haven't tried them, either, but....

I use Shu Uemura's eyelash curler, the replaceable rubber that curls the lashes is, rounded, instead of flat like most curler are. I give the eyelash curler a quick shot with my hair dryer, or, hold it under hot running water, that seems to be enough heat to do the job. It works much better than the average curler, for me.

Joy

o

This is my all-time best beauty secret. I hate mascara: too obvious for my taste, too messy to take off, and can still see remains next morning.

So, I give my Shu Uemura curler a quick blast from my hair dryer, then curl. My lashes stay curled all day. Make sure to test the metal against your hand the first few times so you know how long to warm it up to avoid hurting skin around eye. May sound scary, it's not. The rubber heats quickly so you'll only need a few seconds of heat. Use common sense.

It's like a curling iron for your lashes.

o

I bought one of these. I don't find it any more dangerous than the "old" unheated curler contraption. It does work.

As it happens, I forgot and left mine on and the battery went dead. Haven't used it since because I forget to pick up those darn special batteries. It was quite pricey for a plastic makeup appliance. On the other hand, I think the plastic part that cushions the eyelash might last longer than the old rubber one.

My advice though is to get a Maybelline curler and heat it with your hair dryer to see how that works.

o

I'm giggling at all the "heat it with your hair dryer" suggestions. My hair is about 1 1/2" long! I haven't owned a blow dryer in about 5 years. [Thanks anyway]
Re: the batteries - the couple that I saw take standard AAA size. I guess I'll just go ahead and get one of those and see how it works.

o

I do the hair dryer thing too and it works well. I bought one of those battery heated ones and the thing was so bulky that when I got it up close to my eye I couldn't even SEE my eye let alone try to cram my eyelashes into the thing. I took it back to the store and went back to the old metal contraption.

o

I tried the hot water suggestion and it did help a little. Thanks all.

o

Avon sold these a couple (?) years ago. I bought one but it was a little hard to use. Not real hot,but because of the design it was hard to get near the root line of the lid. I gave it to my teen dtr, she lost it. I would prefer a regular manual lash-curler.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here