Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Learned something new...

Posted by ABgardeneer (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 16, 04 at 0:16

While buying some clothes on the weekend, I tried on a wool turtle-neck sweater - I told the salesperson it was very nice but that the sleeves were too short for me. She said - "No problem, we can just block the sleeves for you" and took it in the back and did so! Voila! Now the sleeves were amply long, so I bought it (along with some other irresistible things). I guess when I get it dry-cleaned (or hand-wash it, less likely), I'll have to have the sleeves re-blocked, but I've never been offered this service before and didn't know it would solve a sleeve-length problem - how did this escape my attention, LOL?!?!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Learned something new...

Very good! But the thing I most noticed about your post is that you can wear wool sweaters. I so wish I could, but I always end up with a red rash. Everyone in my family does.

I should try that. I always block my good sweaters by shaping them on a mesh drying rack and pinning them into place (no-rust pins) until they dry.

o

Might have just steamed & shaped it -- that's how some wool felt hats get shaped.

o

well- wool does stretch nicely when steamed, and as long as you pull both gently and EVENLY on the sleeves, not only will it not damage the sweater- but eventually, it will 'remember' that shape, and tend to stay that way...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here