Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New nail polish application method

Posted by jamies (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 13, 08 at 23:50

Well, new to me, but I don't get out much.

OPI has a nail polish with an integrated brush called "nic's stick". The polish consistentcy is different, and it's very glittery. I made way less mess with this applicator than I would with a traditional bottle-and-brush, and I was able to control it much more easily than traditional nail polish. It doesn't seem to matter if you don't brush it from cutitcle to tip - you can just dab it on and it levels itself with no brushstrokes. it dries very, very quickly. It seems to camoflage ridges somewhat, too.

You might find it too glittery for fingers, but it's just great on my toes. It didn't smudge, smear, or pool when I put it on, and I can touch up chips in a second - this polish doesn't seem to dent like the stuff I'm used to.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New nail polish application method

I just got 2 new bottles of glittery OPI, one is gold and one is silver; no mention of this nic brush. It seems very resistant; I lasted a full week with the gold one before it showed any sign of wear.
Both were applied by manicurist with proper base coat.

I love both colors; the gold one especially, it has champagne in the name.

o

Here's a link. My store did not have the full color selection; I got "Date Night". This stuff is really great for those who, like me, have had trouble "staying inside the lines" since the early coloring-book days.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nic's sticks by OPI

o

awwwwww, now I WANT some; the concept is interesting, I MUST try it......

me who owns approx 6 bottles of nail polish I adore; and I go for weekly manicures. I use my own polish so I can do touchups between appointments.

nails are my new obsession; could be worse , I guess.

o

:) not all that new - but maybe they've finally gotten the 'polish pen' technology to the point where it's a viable thing...

get back to us in a week or three, and tell us if the pen still works!

o

I like the one titled "Where's My Chocolate?" LOL

This is off the concept of paint chip repair sticks for vehicles. I have one just like it for my gray Camry. Hmmm, maybe I should use it as nail polish. HA HA

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here