Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
make up for mature skin

Posted by brennadonovan (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 16, 10 at 22:39

I am just turning 60. I have mild rosacea and acne scars. I would like a foundation that will cover all of that but that is not mask looking. Any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: make up for mature skin

Have you tried the brush on mineral makeup?

o

I will turn 60 in August. I also have rosacea, but not so mild - plus ocular. My skin has always been extremely dry (naturally dry - I can't and don't use acids and didn't use "Snap" in the day when it was so popular. Of course I did suffer cystic acne and have the scars to prove it. I am very pale with a severe yellow undertone, plus am very acidic so everything changes on me. I hate the mask look that you want to avoid - I prefer a dewy finish. Certainly, check out the mineral makeup as recommended, but it doesn't work for me - my skin is way too dry. I use oil based, full coverage foundations. Is your skin normal, oily, combo, dry? (Many 60 year olds have oily skin.) My foundation is not cheap - but it will last all day - I just use a touch-up of loose powder. I am very careful with concealers - especially around the eyes due to the ocular rosacea. You will first need to determine your skin type, then find a foundation colour that works with your skin, and with a finish that you like. For me, unfortunatly it is either Cle de Peau SATIN or Sisley Transmat. You will never be able to really cover the scars and the rosacea flush will happen no matter what - it is the "hives under the eyes" that I really hate. I am worried that my Cle foundation may be d/c - so am on a search but am having colour issues with my 3.5 ph. Tried Dior Capture but colour was ashy - even in lightest shade. Also be careful of foundations that can provide a bit of coverage or layered for more coverage. This is fine as long as the pigment is not too dense. If pigment is very dense, the more you layer it, the flatter the finish - and you will end up with the dreaded matte, mssk-like look. I do wear a lot of my foundation, but one woman my age uses the same product and appears to be wearing more foundation that I am - yet I use 4 times the amount. My well-moisturized skin drinks it up - which may have helped my skin since I don't have nearly the wrinkles I should have for someone with paper-thin skin. Hope you find something that works for you.

o

I am not in my 60's, I'm in my late 30's, but I do have rosacea and very sensitive blotchy skin. Due to the rosacea, I use full coverage foundations. I personally like Lancome Paris Teint Idole Ultra, which is formulated for all skin types. This is a full coverage foundation, not masky looking, but I like to top it off with Cargo lightweight foundation (oil free) to give a really smooth look. I don't think this is "full coverage" per se, but it has a nice blendability, and silky feel to it, not greasy, but it gives me a really smooth look without a masky look or dry feel. I've tried the mineral makeups, but they just don't have a long lasting effect, and no matter how I've applied them, they seem to crease around my nose, and I have to reapply constantly. My skin is oily in the t-zone, but drier in the winter months.

Good luck. I know how difficult it is to find something that works right. You could always ask for samples of these at the makeup counters.

o

Try Lancombe Dual Finish. It is pancake make-up. Goes on with a wet sponge and gives good coverage without being greasy. The compact can be carried with you during the day for touch ups using the dry puff that comes with it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dual Finish

o

I would try some of MAC's make-up's they give a better match, but first I would use a "primer"(MAC, smashbox and Make up forever make great ones) They do a great job of filling in some of the creases and taking away the redness and helping the makeup to glide on better. Mac has a new mineral mak-up out now as well and I believe it is in a compact form and offers more coverage. I also like Chanel foundations and another great one in NARS. It has a sheer glow. I just bought this and it gives a great glow effect.

o

I finally found one that has good coverage for uneven
complexion yet it doesn't feel like I am wearing a mask
like some. Make Up Forever Mat Velvet. It took me two yrs!

sheshe

o

sheshe,eccentric and summiebee it's Maggie here.

Whre did you get your Make Up Forever Mat Velvet?

Does anyone use Cover Girl anymore?

Also, I am 64 with dy skin but no wrinkles except under my eyes. Should I be wearing powder?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here