Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Need a long-lasting lipstick

Posted by eloise_ca (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 11, 06 at 22:37

Help! I have been using Max Factor Lasting Color for several years, but cannot find it anymore. I hate when they discontinue good products. Does anyone know of a lipstick that really last for hours? MF Lipfinity is not good. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Need a long-lasting lipstick

Hi,I use Revlon Colorstay.....love it...

o

Thank you kimmie5, I will try Revlon Colorstay! I have some other Revlon lipsticks that I have tried in the past, but they don't last like my current MF Lasting Color.

o

I use Revlon Colorstay also. It's the only brand I've purchased for the last 4-5 years. I panicked this summer cause they seem to have discontinued my favorite color "Mica" (and some others too) and the Colorstay section got smaller and smaller. I've shopped everywhere looking for it and I recently did find 3 "Mica" in my supermarket, of all places, and snapped them up post haste! I keep my fingers crossed that they don't discontinue Colorstay and Mica!

o

Kimmie and Woodie, did I buy the wrong lipstick? I got Revlon Colorstay, Overtime Lipcolor, which is a two-tube lipstick (coloring and clear topcoat). It does last a long time, but it makes my lips look somewhat chapped. Thanks.

o

Eloise, I don't know about the two-tube Colorstay with the color and the clear topcoat, sorry, I didn't even know it existed. I just buy the regular, old fashioned, one slim tube of "Revlon Colorstay liptint". I have the box for one right here cause, as I mentioned, I just bought 3 new ones. Sorry for the confusion - did you buy it at a drugstore that let's you return it even if its opened? Maybe you could still find and try the regular colorstay.

o

Eloise
I use the Revlon one too- I have the the one with the gloss like you mention.
I find if I rush the application it cakes a bit.
The trick is to put the colour on then wait until it is totally dry before putting the gloss on (about 1 minute is plenty!) Sometimes if I am in a hurry I blow on my lips to make it dry quicker. Also, you only need a very small amount or it cakes on too thick.
I also have their Sheer colour stay -LOVE IT!!!! Pommegranite is my favourite- it's a light pink but looks nice on me.
Koala_Em

o

Woodie, I will look for the regular RC Liptint and try it because I really like the lipsticks you just put on and that's it, no extra application of anything else, LOL! Koala_Em, I definitely applied too much coloring so hopefully with the info you provided, I won't get all that caking! I bought two of the RC Overtime Lipcolor because Long Drugs had buy one get one free ($10). I got On-going Flame and also Sheer Pomegranate! Thanks.

o

Oh to have a choice! I use Chanel Hydrabase with my lips filled in first with a matching liner. If I am lucky, I can find a shade to replace the previous year's which is always d/c (in Canada we have European Chanel - colours may not be d/c in US, but shades are really different in many cases). I like the sound of Rita, except I have absolutely no natural lip colour and the acid in my system turns everything with a red/pink tint - hot pink - and boy do I look bad. Frankly though, I once did find a nice colour in Chanel's longer lasting range, but it dried out my lips and I absolutely could not stand the feeling. But will check out Rita anyway - going to NY on Wed. But the Hydrabase lasts quite a while with the lipliner base - maybe because I don't drink coffee or tea.

o

I like the Colorstay too. But I've had more color luck with Max Factor Lipfinity. Same stuff really, just the colors.

o

I use Lip Sense. You have to get it thru a distributor, but some have booths set up at the local swap meet. It is a tube of color and a tube of gloss. It takes a couple tries to get the hang of application (kind of like paint), but it stays on ALL day long. I apply it in the morning, and just use Chapstick throughout the day and I still have lipstick on when I get home from work. I love it so much and haven't worn "normal" lipstick in the past 4 years!

My favorite color is Blush. Natural with a touch of pink and beige. (not orangey or red). I have also tried about 4 other colors, but for everyday I use the blush.

o

Revlon Colorstay - it stays all day... kinda makes your lips dry.

o

I have been using Revlon Colorstay Overtime Lipcolor for a few days now and it has dried up my lips! Nhitey: I was next going to try the regular Revlon Colorstay, but you say it also makes the lips dry :-(. Is anyone one using the regular RC also having this problem? I don't want to go out and buy it if it does. Eccentric, what is 'Rita'? This upsets me even more that MF has discontinued my regular lipstick. Thanks.

o

I use the Cover Girl "two-part lipstick" version -- is it called "Outlast"? Whatever, you know what I mean. It does stay on -- I can't usually even WASH it all off -- and it doesn't come off on glasses or people's cheeks, which is great. But I have a sneaky feeling these things aren't so good for my lips. Anyone know anything?

o
I forgot one thing

I had another kind, I think it was Lipfinity -- color in one tube and brush on gloss in the other. I didn't like it as well as the Cover Girl because the gloss felt gummy and smeary to me. The Cover Girl gloss is more the consistency of chapstick.

o

I use the My Lip Miracle Lipcolor it's by Avon stays up to 8 hour wear. It has all day moisture. I love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Avon Beauty Products

o

I don't like that drying effect that the long lastings have; I use a lip pencil/liner to color my lips first, it helps prolong the color. Rita is a sheer color from Lorac.

o

The more I read about 'long-lasting' lipsticks, the more I get upset about Max Factor doing away with my old lipstick :-( Gellchom and Alnkel, I plan to look into Cover Girl and Avon. Mitchdesj, I read elsewhere about filling in with lip pencil and then putting on the lipstick. Now to get the right color of pencil, ha, ha! I have two Loreal pencils right now, one is too light and the other too dark. It's very important for me to find the right lipstick because aside from blush, this is the only makeup I use. Not by choice, but I am highly allergic to eye makeup. I tried all the hypoallergenic stuff and it didn't work so I gave it up.

o

I read once in a magazine that a trick to make lipstick wear longer is to put on lipstick, then blot, then apply some powder to your lips, then reapply the lipstick. Does anyone know if that works?

o

I have a benefit pencil called flush, that is a mid pink brown color that does well under almost all my colors of lipsticks, the trick to keeping it moist is to sharpen it often.

o

Woodie2 - you can purchase discontinued cosmetics at cosmeticsandmore.com

Revlon Color Stay Lip Tint SPF 15 (slim black tube) Mica is available (right now) for 99 cents on special. They list their regular price at $3.90

Hope that helps, Lis.

o

Thanks, Lis!

o

Lis, have you ordered from cosmeticsandmore.com? Why do they have to call you to complete an order?

Harper

o

Hi Harper, I placed an order yesterday and from what I read, they will call you to work out how you will pay for the products ordered.

o

Eloise, no one called. Did they you?

woodie, did you order?

Harper

o

Hi Harper, They did leave a message that they did not have two out of the eight products I ordered. I called back and they did not have my 2nd choice, gave them my preference for payment, and I should be receiving my order soon!

o

Got my order from cosmeticsandmore.com yesterday! I ordered 7 Colorstay lipsticks/liptints, but have not yet tried any because I am giving my daughter and granddaughter a choice of color of the lipsticks first. They charged $6 for S&H, but it's still a deal when you pay 99 cents to 1.99 per lipstick.

o

I have found that ALL of the two part long lasting lipcolors make everyones lips dry. I don't like that or the fact you have to get the application "just right" or it will cake up or get gummy. I used to use the Revlon colorstay too, and Ultima ( dept store revlon) colorstay until they d/ced them here in NY. I also hate having to carry around the two tubes.
I do find that of all the "long-lasting" tube lipsticks that 'Forever' Lipcolor from Maybelline lasts a full eight hours. They also just came out with a two-parter called 'SuperStay' lipcolor that at least has both parts in the same long tube. The color really has to be washed off with a 'oil' type of cleanser. It will stay on for days! I've forgotten to wash it off, gone to bed, gotten up and brushed my teeth, then reappled the pomade part, and Bamn....the lipstick looked like I just applied it!!!
Now, thats staying power!lol
Deb

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here