Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Hair color, please help!

Posted by tretty (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 23, 08 at 22:26

I want to have the same hair color as Reese Witherspoon, which boxed hair color would you reccomend? I have golden brown hair right now. Any input would be great! Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hair color, please help!

She has a pretty light blonde, from what I remember. You should find a picture of her that shows her hair well , print it and bring it with you to buy the color, a good pharmacy cosmetician should be able to point you to the right color and brand. Go to it in steps; hair color does lighten a notch after a few shampoos.

I use Color Conserve shampoo to keep my color true; harsh shampoos can strip color in no time.

o

I would NOT do it with a box. Take a moment to think about this.... her hair is not one solid color she has highlights lowlights and a all over base color. You can not achieve this with a box. Plus what is your natural hair color? Does it tend to pull orange or yellow undertones that you may need to account for in the formulation? Spend the money and have it done by a professional. It will be cheaper to do it that way then ending up going into the salon as a corrective color client.

o

ain't gonna happen - would take a box, three tinters, and a friend with a steady hand to come close-

there is a reason that Reese spends the money she does on her hair. part of it is the skill of her colorist.

o

Chinacat is right, looking like any movie star requires a great colorist. You can't do it at home. It's not something you can get from a box.

o

Reese Witherspoon has natural-looking highlights in two or three shades applied with foils by a hairdresser.

You can't get that exact look at home. Even with the highlighting kits it's more of a striped effect, which can look cute too but it's different from what she has done.

Professional highlights blend with your natural color, so they don't have to be retouched as often as with a solid color. Even though it's expensive, you might be able to get away with waiting 2 months or more between colorings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Reese Witherspoon

o

Make pics and go to your beauty school.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here