Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Fess up: have you had a Brazilian? Share your stories!

Posted by jessyf (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 14, 06 at 21:56

If you don't know what a 'Brazilian Wax' is, google it. Make sure you aren't eating or drinking anything while you educate yourself.

I'll go first.

I've had it done twice. Wish it was less painful, it will take me major amounts of guts to go back. The results feel great, and DH likes it too!

Your turn. Cooking Forum members are NOT exempt from holding back.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Fess up: have you had a Brazilian? Share your stories!

There is a salon in my town that has a few different options for waxing on their menu... They are: bikini, brazilian, and play boy.... I've done the bikini and the brizilian... The brazilian is basically anything between a regular bikini and everything(the playboy)... you can tell the technician how much you want off... I liked that the best.. I don't find that too painful... I was the one who posted the message about home waxing the underarms.. ouch.. that hurt way worse than the brazilian wax.. Nothing makes me feel prettier than having a brazilian wax. :)

o

ouch.

Does it eventually grow in more scarce if you do it again and again ?

o

That's what I hear... the lady who did my wax the first time told me she used to live and work down in the bahamas for 25+ years and some women had come to her for so long that they hardly had to have anything done anymore because the hair just wouldn't grown anymore.... so that's encouraging....IF you plan on doing it consitently over a long period of time.

o

I tried a simple bikini wax way, way back when. I did it myself and ended up with bloodly bruising. I was told later by someone that when it's done professionally, they can pull the skin tighter when they remove the wax strips and it minimizes the bruising. I've never had the courage and am fussy about who "goes there." I settle for a close, frequent, thorough shave with a Venus razor. Not the same as waxing for sure but I lack courage!

o

When I first had just a bikini wax done, I was told to leave my undies on and she just tucked the towel into the edge and got to the hair that way... i felt completely modest.. For the brazilian i had to have the panties off.. but i figured she'd done it a thousand times in the last 16 years she'd been doing it so who cares.. she was very professional and gave me lots of info on how to take care of the area, etc. I didn't bruise or bleed. .. it was sensitive for the rest of that same day... that's it.

o

Ouch! I bikini waxed alot eons ago but I've never had a brazilian! It's gonna take a whole lot of talking to me to get me to do it! My razor works wonders. It's not as 'nice' as a wax job but...

o

Ouch, no way!

o

There must be an easier way... Shaving has drawbacks as well, bumps, has to be done frequently, though repeated shaving and the use of Bikini Zone shave gel and cream does help. Depilatories I imagine should not be used in this area. Does anyone know?

o

Sally you are a brave woman. Thanks for sharing.

Barnmom, (1) a good technician shouldn't cause those kind of injuries, and (2) long time ago some forum member told me about 'Poetic Wax' - its supposed to adhere to the hair, not the skin. I haven't tried it myself. BUT I wouldn't touch depilatories in that area - too sensitive.

o

OK, Jess, I'll play.

I'm one of those who had to ask to find out what it is, so I've clearly never had it done.

And frankly, h*ll would freeze before I'd consider it.

Annie

o

I love it. He loves it. BUT I don't want someone else doing it for me, I use a venus razor and hedge clippers.

o

ROTFLMAO, hedge clippers!

o

Okay, never had it done, but have been very interested in trying it. I think I will have to wait because I am going to have a baby in 6 weeeks. Not sure if you can wax while pregnant?! (Or as pregnant as I am anyways...) Now here is a question for you... I am all confused on what I should do for the delivery of the baby, as far as "down there" grooming goes. I can't even see down there anymore, a bit scared to use a razor right now...considering consulting DH, but not sure if I trust him using a razor down there either!!! LOL! Maybe NOW is the time for a wax!? Suggestions?

o

emmhip, the nurses will do it for you. Just be prepared for the itching as it grows back.

And congratulations!!!

o

With DD 1 they didn't do any trimming down south when I went in to have her. I don't think a lot of Dr.'s do that much anymore. With DD 2 I had to have a C-section so they had to do a little trimming for that one.

I am getting braver and thinking of the Bikini wax. I have gone pretty bare before and liked it. BTW we just taught my grown up sis that you are supposed to do some grooming down there. I use my DH beard trimmers, even though he told me that they were for the beard not bush clippers;)

Stacie

o

Just so you all know... the growing back after shaving sucks!! Waxing eliminates that irritation.. Bite the bullet and do it.. It will make you feel so pretty! and sexy!!!
For the preggo who posted... I was shocked after I had my baby and could finally see down there again... ack!! It was time to get out those hedge clippers.. hahahhahahahah.

o

Growing back after shaving isn't so bad with the use of Bikini Zone shave gel and the after shave cream. I have also used a no-shave-bumps cream I found in the mens' ethnic grooming products that helped. Frequent shaving is also helpful.

o

I mean do doctors and nurses care what is going on down there as far as grooming goes? They must see it all! A friend of mine had her DH give her a trim before going in to have a baby and he shaved a heart! I would never let my DH do that, I thought, how embarrassing! Still not sure if I should do any grooming before heading to the hospital... I don't think the nurses at the hospital I am going to do any. I think it's "come as you are." I can imagine a brazilian hurting pretty bad though. Would love to try it someday as shaving is such a pain.

o

My midwife obviously didn't care what I did with my hair down there, as she was the hippy type and didn't even shave her own legs... haha.. BUT... whenever I have to go to the GYN.. you better believe I do some grooming.. haha.. shrug.. i don't know.. i'm weird like that.. They've probably seen it all but I'd like for them to think I have good hygiene and all. I wouldn't worry about it if you're pregnant though.. I'm sure they understand.

o

Is that like cleaning the house before the housekeeper visits? LOL!

o

Well this post is old but it sure did give me a mid-afternoon giggle!! LOL!

o

I'm just glad that I come from the stone age when men appreciated a nice pelt on a woman. Girls who weren't as plush in thier nether regions actually envied those that were. How times have changed.

Does anyone else see the irony in the way that girls and young women today will walk around with dirty bra straps exposed, a muffin top rolling over their jeans and expose a crack to rival the worst plumber but are horrified at the idea of a stray hair peeking out of their panties?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here