Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
crazy hair in need of control

Posted by freakcrazy (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 30, 06 at 21:45

I have the weirdest mixed ethnicity, and so my hair is crazy. It's really full, thick, and long. It's also curly when I don't kill it with products (which I rarely use). And I don't have a lot of time to "do my hair" in the morning, but I was wondering what kind of hairstyles that I could try out, since I stick with one hairstyle : a long braid. Cuz I don't know what else to do with it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: crazy hair in need of control

fc, I thought I had the worst hair! My hair is very thick, coarse, and naturally curly. Don't fight the curls. It causes more frizz and damage, I think. I leave my hair long to give it weight, plus, I love long hair. I have tried everything! I have to stick to what works for me. My hair is very dry. I use Dove moisturizing or Finesse moisturizing shampoo. I wet my hair well then use only enough shampoo to wash my scalp only. When I rinse ((shower) the shampoo runs through the rest of my hair,cleaning it but not stripping it like a whole head shampooing does. Then I use about 1/4 a bottle of moisturizing Finesse, gently working it through, I pile all my hair on my head then while I shower...lastly, I rinse my hair, mainly using my fingers to get rid of any conditioner on my scalp. This way, I am still leaving condioner in the length of my hair (just some). I have to use a very wide toothed comb and comb my hair as soon as I dry off...the longer I wait, the more frizz and less curl I have. I spray my hair all over with Dream Curls and finger comb my hair. Flip my head over one time to shake and loosen the strands and let air dry. That can take up to a few hours sometimes, but oh well....The truth? My hair never sees a comb again til my next shampoo..(2x a week)..I finger any tangles out and sometimes rewet it a little. My hair NEVER gets oily, not even my scalp.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here