SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mitchdesj2

All time favorite scent ....

mitchdesj
21 years ago

I have been wearing Spring Fever cologne by Origins for years...

I have tried other scents but cannot bear to stop using it...

I keep experimenting with other scents but keep coming back to this one.....

What's your all time favorite ??

Comments (140)

• shaun
    19 years ago

My newest love is Caleche Eau Delicate by Hermes. It's quite different than the original Caleche.

• caliloo
    19 years ago

My old standby (and signature scent, after 20 years) is Fendi. It doesn't seem to matter what my mood is - Fendi always fits. Last summer I picked up a bottle of Mambo, and it is okay, but doesn't "wow" me.

Thanks for all the new ideas everyone!

Alexa

• Related Discussions

All Time Favorite Plants for Watergardening

Q

Comments (6)
    Well, I'm assuming you mean other than water lily. I like my pond and stream to look natural. My favorite plant is veriegated sweet flag. It needs to be at least slightly damp but will do fine submerged. Even a small clump can be divided and you will then have a lifetime supply. I use it at the edge of the pond and stream and right now in the filter although that reminds me to replace some of it with some color like impatiens which are also a fav of mine. If you don't have some shade, impatiens wouldn't work for you. Here is a link that might be useful: sweet flag
    ...See More

Your all-time favorite roses

Q

Comments (43)
    any/all of the asian spring flowering roses with special mention for 'our' rose, the locally bred Cantabridgiensis. my small hulthemia collection, including the stellar Eyes for You several Lens hybrid musks - Pleine de Grace (although enormous), Sibelius, Matchball and Jacqueline Humery) Helenae, Splendens, moyesii, Scharlachglut, Madame Gregoire Staechelin - a mix of once flowering lovelies. Hebe's Lip my few pimpinellas - Double White, Marbled Pink, Red Nelly, Falkland and Dunwich rose a couple of multiflora ramblers - Goldfinch, Aglaia Workhorses - Golden Wings, Moonlight, Blue for You, Darlows. Iceberg. Tolstoi (my only setigera). Alba semi-plena, Nevada and (surprisingly) Aimee Vibert.
    ...See More

My all time favorite DL and other pics :)

Q

Comments (13)
    shive - For all but the last picture I was using Nikkor (Nikon) 50mm f/1.8G fixed (normal) lens. It's super fast at 1.8 and I get great results from it. However, on my cropped sensor body it's a 75mm really and I have to be at minimum 3 feet from my subject to get a focused shot. I'm learning to step back and crop afterwards. The last pic was with a lens I'm in the process of returning. Yes, it's a great pic but it took me 20 pics to get that one and the other 19 were soft (not sharp). It's the Nikon 55-300mm. I'm exchanging it for a 55-200mm because it's a better, cheaper lens and I don't really need such a long zoom anyway. Coming in the mail tomorrow is a Sigma 17-70mm lens (Macro but not a true macro). It's heavy, but rated excellent and much cheaper than Nikon brand. This will probably be on my camera the most. On my wish list is the Nikon 85mm f/2.8 macro and the 35mm f/1.8 which I should have gotten instead of the 50mm but I'm not exchanging it because I like it too much and it's not expensive so I'll be happy to one day have both. See what happens when you ask a simple question? Sorry, can you tell I've been researching lenses non-stop for the past month? :) I'm going looney.
    ...See More

All time favorite scents, part two !

Q

Comments (60)
    I love Lolita Lempicka by Lolita Lempicka I also love cotton candy body spray, it smells so good and I love to put it on before I work out because there is something about body sprays that when you sweat it comes out and you can smell it. I one time wore the body spray cotton candy to a graduation and there was a little girl sitting behind me and she was saying mom cant you smell it can I please get some cotton candy. I had to turn around and tell her mom it was my perfume. I bought Demeter perfume cotton candy so I will have to see how I like it. You should check out all the perfumes they make. Popcorn,dirt, sex on the beach, almost anything its crazy.
    ...See More
  • RuddMD
    19 years ago

Fancy seeing you guys over here! Hi everyone.

When I first got married I loved Chanel # 5 - maybe because it was what my mom and my grandmother wore. For the past 15 years my favorite sent is White Linen by Estee Lauder. Since I work from home now I rarely wear a sent, but for special occasions I will pick up White Linen.

Another scent I have always gotten comments on is Realities by Liz Claiborne. I think it is discontinued now.

What about men? Do you like a man to wear cologne? Not for me. I want DH to smell like soap! :)

• clamdigga
    19 years ago

Has anyone tried the new scent by DKNY 'BE DELICIOUS' YUMMY!!!!

• shaun
    19 years ago

I like my man to smell of Gendarme or Grabazzi! VERY clean smelling.

Today though, I don't want him near me, I'm mad.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Wow; today is the 2 year anniversary of this thread , started by me and my original statement is still valid; I still wear Spring Fever-
    I have sampled some of the scents some of you posted, it's always fun to do that.

People close to me will comment if I don't wear the spring fever for a while. I take breaks from it once in a while since I can't smell it on me; I keep looking for a replacement favorite but haven't latched on to anything else except Eau d'Hadryen which has no staying power at all; I buy one bottle a year for the pleasure of it but it's rather pricey.

Yesterday, I sampled Amor Amor from cacharel; way too strong and potent for my taste.

I can always sniff an Opium wearer; I'm attracted to that perfume but it does not suit me at all when I've worn it......

• housewitch
    19 years ago

mitchdesj - I have been following this thread for a few months, and am always interested in what other people wear and love, scent-wise.

I was intrigued by your comments about Annick Goutal's scents, so I ordered a sample collection of her perfumes. I got six little samples in a gift bag and have been trying them out all week. So far, DH tells me Eau du Sud smells like old ladies, LOL. But, I love Eau d'Hadryen and wish it would last more than 20 minutes on my skin. The Eau du Charlotte is also scrumptious and seems to be lasting much longer - and, DH has proclaimed it non-old lady smelling!

Thanks for starting this thread and for introducing me to a great perfumer!

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    19 years ago

hw. how right you are about Eau du Sud; I bought it once and loved it but at one point, I started to be annoyed by it for that precise reason. I think it attracted me initially because it reminded me of one of my aunts who used to wear Rapture ( avon)- I'm talking 25 years ago.... lol.....

Last year I bought Les Nuits d'Hadryen, a stronger version of Eau d'Hadryen- it has more staying power. I forgot about it when I was writing this morning.... (before 7 a.m. I'm still a bit foggy)
    It has a darker orangey glass bottle.

I'll be sad to see this post disappear; I wonder if we should start a sequel soon after ??

• SkyScrapper
    19 years ago

Hi Everyone! I'm new to this forum and glad to be here! I've been busy on the Kitchen, Building a Home, and Decorating forums and I've been neglecting myself so much lately! This forum motivates me to spend a few extra minutes a day on me!

My favorites change over the years. Right now I love Amarige and Angel. I've also started wearing a Mary Kay body mist called Happiness. It's a citrus scent and I think it perks me up when I'm feeling tired and worn out. It doesn't last like a perfume would but I like the clean smell.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    19 years ago

sky, I love anything citrussy also; I find that I like some men's perfumes with a citrus note. Aqua de Parma is a favorite of dh's and I will spray some on myself once in a while......

• connie0751
    18 years ago

Xia Xiang by Revlon. It was a peony scent. They quit making it several years ago. I always, always got compliments when I wore it, especially from guys. I wish Revlon would bring it out again. I now wear Peony by Bath and Body.

• danihoney
    18 years ago

Wow this thread has been around a long time. I've been reading through and now I want to go out and try some new fragrances. I've been wearing Beautiful by Este Lauder for the last 16 years. I still love the fragrance after all this time. I've been wearing it so long that my kids now say "this smells like you" or "you don't smell like you". I have had many strong likes over the years. There was a dime store fragrance called Daydreams back in the eighties that I really liked. I used to love Oscar De La Renta and light musks. I was at the store the other day and the cashier smelled so pretty. I said she smelled pretty but was just going to let it go at that. Then I decided I had to know what that yummy scent was. It was JLo's new perfume! I was really surprised. She said she gets lots of compliments on it. Who'd a thought? These days Beautiful is my everyday scent, but I switch it up with Gucci in the evening, XoXo when I am feeling flirty and pink. I am also seriously drawn to crisp citrisy scents. Bath and Body used to have a pink grapfruit line that I LOVED, it was perfect. I really miss having that.

This is a fun thread, thanks.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

danihoney, the threads used to stop at 100, now they go on at 200....
    there is a part 2 of this thread somewhere....

I love hearing about everyone's favorite scents; I still wear Spring Fever, but I've noticed Origins doesn't expand the line anymore so I should contact them and see if they will phase it out.....
    I'd have to stock up big time.... lol.....

• koala_em
    18 years ago

Chanel #5

• southernheart
    18 years ago

I still love Lauren by RL.

In winter, I enjoy original Halston, and ArdenBeauty. In summer, I love EL's White Linen, or Anais Anais.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I wore Anais Anais a long time ago; it's the only flower based scent that I ever liked on me, I'll give it another trial run soon when I'm at the scent counter.
    I love the bottle. I remember the softness of it.

• southernheart
    18 years ago

It does have a softness to it, doesn't it? The bottle is very pretty. I feel really "girly" when I wear that one. Men seem to love it! They also love anything that is vanilla-based---must remind them of cakes/cookies baking. What is it about men's hearts and stomachs?.. ;)

Andrea

• call_me_karen
    18 years ago

Private Collection by Estee Lauder.

I use the perfume and my granddaughter says she loves my "Nana smell".

It's an old fragrance and getting harder to find. Guess they stopped making the body powder, so I make a concoction myself with cornstarch and a cotton ball partly saturated in the perfume. It has to set for a while and "cure", but works well.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    18 years ago

I'm revisiting this thread and I have to laugh; I just went to the store last night and bought 2 more bottles of Spring Fever; my loyalty is unending, lol....

I do try on new scents once in a while; it's nice to be recognized by a familiar trademark scent though.

karen, I did not know you could do that with cornstarch, cool......
    Martha is not aware of this or else she would do it, lol....

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    18 years ago

I still like Anais Anais but the bottle has got to go!
    It's the only bottle I keep in the drawer instead of on my perfume tray. I don't care for the top note in it either but later I love the smell.

• dragonfly2
    18 years ago

Still get the most compliments on "Heart" by Garden Botanica
    I wonder what some of their other signature fragrances smell like,,anyone try any? Not the ones you can mix yourself but the standard. I think I am stuck on Heart.

• gellchom
    18 years ago

Venezia - the one by Laura Biagiotti, not Adrienne Vittadine (I'm sure I spelled all that wrong).

Oh, how I loved it. But it's discontinued, and they want, like, $150 on Ebay. I am using my last few drops only on special occasions.

Sob!

• jlj48
    18 years ago

I just tried a new scent by Beauty Control called "Brown Sugar". I love it. It is very different than any fragrance I have tried before. Not too expensive $25.00. My kids and husband love it. Not perfumy, kind of kitcheny but not like cookies, feminine. I have used "Nautica" for several years and like it, but it is nice to try something very different and like it. Maybe it's that same things about men and their stomaches, hmmm...

• meggers
    18 years ago

My scent is "Curious Britney Spears". It has kind of become my signature scent. I like it because it is so young, I like being secure in knowng that when I walk by and people catch a whiff, they smell something young and sexy rather than something overdone and offensive. It's perfect for day or night, it kinda smells like sweet flowers and I always get complimented on it.

• elizabeth_5
    18 years ago

My fave is hard to find. It's by Coty and called Amalistsa. It has a nice, clean scent I like that doesn't give me a headache or sneezing fit. I prefer the talc to the cologne and that's almost impossible to find. A friend of mine found some at Ebay and gave me some for my birthday in Dec. I have to ration it.

• stargazer_1118
    18 years ago

Here they are:

1. Fendi- the best
    2. Paloma Picasso- tons of compliments
    3. Light Blu- D & G
    4. Coriandre- old but a great green/woodsy smell. Love love love it...........

• iso4fun
    18 years ago

I wear Noa and lovely.

• irislover7b
    18 years ago

I like Armani Code right now.

• playsinthedirt20
    16 years ago

I know this is a really OLD post, but fragrance is such fun! My all-time favorite was Spiritual Sky Yellow Rose Oil, but they don't make it anymore (and I grew up!) I love Guerlaine Majora for the warmer months and Samsara for the winter. My go-to scent anytime is Chanel 22. And I'm seriously "hinting" to the hubby that I want to try the new Coromandel (Chanel) from the Les Exclusifs line.

• deefay7
    16 years ago

I love LASTING by Revlon. I have to buy it online because it has been discontinued. Everything I like that seems to happen to! I also like Masquerade By Mackie,oh, and Desnuda.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    16 years ago

This past year I have been in love with Curve Soul. From the first whiff last summer I have hardly touched any of my other scents. I spritz myself before bed every night and the smell makes me so happy. It's light and very florally. Most people would think it was too sweet and girly. I've been through two big bottles so far and have more in the drawer.

• frabee
    16 years ago

Hi-- Some of my favorite scents are Estee Lauder Pleasures, Chanel #5, and Love's Baby Soft. My absolute favorite, however is Jovan White Musk, but I can't get it here in Canada, does anyone know how or where I might buy some here( besides E-Bay?) I really miss it!! Thanks for any help you can give me, Frabee.

• arkansas girl
    16 years ago

Jovan White Musk? Can't you get it at Walmart or any of the chain drug stores? I don't know if I trust E-bay for perfumes because they could be really really old..ya know!

Personally I'm in a fragrance funk...I have a few that I use and like but I'm tired of them...Light Blue, Heavenly, Opium(knock off that smells much better! Lighter) But each time I read a thread somewhere that someone LOVES a certain perfume, I go and smell it and it smells awful on me...I tend to "turn" perfumes into something stinky.

• frabee
    16 years ago

Hi Arkansas Girl; I've tried Walmart and every drug store I can think of. Sometimes I get in a "fragrance funk" too. I get over it pretty quickly though when I find a new one :)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    16 years ago

I went through Favorites scents part one and two making lists of nearly everything mentioned. Then looked for them to get a whiff. Sadly, I must live on another planet....I didn't find one that I liked!

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    16 years ago

bumble, scent is so subjective; I hope you had fun tracking them down !!!

• arkansas girl
    16 years ago

frabee...dadgummit! I was just at a grocery store(Marc's)yesterday that has a larger than normal cosmetic department...they had Jovan White Musk there. That's strange that you can't get it in Canada. What about from a different on line site that sells fragrances only or the drug store's on line websites?

I was just talking to my niece yesterday that said she was smelling a friends perfume and come to find out it was patchouli/vanilla essential oil. She said it smelled fabulous! She said that she got it from a place that makes bath products for you(you choose the scent) kind of like The Body Shop.

• frabee
    16 years ago

Arkansas, I never thought of The Body Shop-- maybe I can find a substitute there. Thanks!

• arkansas girl
    16 years ago

frabee...can you order from Canada from fragrancenet.com? They have it there!

I bet you can find something at The Body Shop for sure!

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    15 years ago

reading down the list, it seems that I still have to try some new ones.....

• jenn
    15 years ago

I love the scent of Neutrogena body oil in the Original scent. It's the only scent I wear! Crazy, but true! :-)

• spyro
    15 years ago

Light Blue Perfume by Dolce & Gabbana

Still wear Shalimar also.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I just bought 2 more bottles of Spring Fever, they haven't discontinued it after all this talk.

I'm still trying out other scents once in a while, I like some of Jo Malone's scents such as grapefruit but it feels like a home scent to me.

• natalie4b
    15 years ago

Eternity by Calvin Klein.

• stargazer_1118
    15 years ago

Light Blu - D and G
    Paloma Picasso- lots of compliments on this one. Not too flowery or not to woodsy
    SCherrerr II and Fendi............

• straycat_wandering
    15 years ago

This made me think of my "high school" days...I always wore "Tigress" really was me on the inside-outside I was kind of shy.I am trying to remember who it was by...they made "Hyponotic" I think,
    and all the bottles were the same but perfumes were different colors. Tigeress was gold and had a tiger looking cloth band around the top. Too bad some of our long time fav's aren't available anymore...:(
    Another I loved back them was called something link "sthyx" or something like that. It was in a black bottle-really musky - woodsy- great. Anyone remember?

• petalpatsy
    15 years ago

My all time favorites are kai (ONLY the lotion or oil, the EdP loses a GREAT deal of the charm) for summer and Jalaine's Patchouli for winter. I qualify for perfumista, as I could also give you my top thirty, and own about 150.

I will SO be trying Spring Fever today. Any perfume that inspires such loyality is a big gap in my sniffing hobby! A quick search on my perfume forum

Note- Artemesia, mandarin, apple, watermelon, marigold, linden blossom, cypress

The quick thing I find you might like also, is a travel exclusive from Estee Lauder called Emerald Dream.

Top Notes
    * Tangerine, Apricot, Honeysuckle, Blue Basil.

Middle Notes
    * Mediterranean Mimosa, Violet, Blue Florentine Iris, Emerald Orchid, Plum, Marigold, Cyclamen.

Base Notes
    * Beach Skin Accord, Blue Cypresswood, Sandalwood, Hawaiian Kamani Wood.

I've never smelled either one of them, but I know blue basil won't give you quite the aromatic bite of artemsia, and the apricot/cyclamen won't give quite the wet fruit appeal of apple and watermelon. The violet/iris is going to give some powder but who knows to what extent. Notes like "Beach skin accord" probably means a clean, salty musk.

The mimosa is what might get you--similiar in feel to linden, a green floral note of spring. And of course the wood heavy base. Overall, I'd guess a bit more of an attempt at 'Early Summer Fever'?

If you ever get a chance, try Mimosa pour Moi by L'Artisan. It's spring in a bottle to me--but not wet or woody. The base is vanilla musk.

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    15 years ago

oh my, do I ever remember Tigress, I felt very grown up wearing that.

I'll definitely try the Mimosa when I'm at the mall, it sounds great.

They still sell Spring Fever, but they don't feature it; they never retired it but I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I should get a few more while it's there.

• debbimc
    15 years ago

One of the perfumes in the Tigress makers set was Woodhue--gosh the others are on the tip of my brain!!!
    Remember Emeraude? Ambush by Dana? & ohhh..White Shoulders!

• mitchdesj
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Coty was the perfume house of all those, I think. I remember that none of those were subdued, specially Emeraude.

I so loved Rapture by Avon, they've brought out oldies from time to time but never that one.

Sponsored