Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Match socks to what?

Posted by hobby_libby (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 9, 11 at 17:57

There's so much info on the web that I don't know what's right, what's wrong.

Is there any cut & dry site that tells me for sure what to match socks to?

Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Match socks to what?

This has to be a joke.

o

Avoiding contrast would be a good rule of thumb.

o

I would start by matching them to each other.

o

BWAHAHAHAHA Oh you guys kill me! LOLOL

No, I'm serious. Match socks to shoes? Match socks to slacks? Match socks to shirt?

All I can find is that men need to match socks to shoes & the shoes need to match the belt.

Sorry to waste anyone's time. Thanks anyhow. I'll just stop in at Macy's or Dillard's then. I'm sure there will be someone there knowledgeable & willing to help.

o

Libby, if your question is sincere I apologize, we have so many spammers and bogus posts here I jumped the gun.

I only wear three colors of socks: white, tan, and black.

If you are wearing white tennis shoes, only white socks, no matter what else you are wearing. Black tennis shoes, black socks.

If I wear a dressier shoe, like Borns or other dressy "comfortable" shoe, they are usually a brown or tan, so I wear the brown socks.

The socks should match the shoes, not anything else, although you should match the shoes to your outfit anyway. Black polo and jeans? Black shoes and socks. White tee and shorts? White shoes and white ankle socks. Multi colored shirt? Any, but go with the shade of the multi colors, if it is dark, go with the black, light, go with brown, pale colors, go with white.

Bottom line, match the socks to the shoes.

Again, sorry for the comments, but I hope that by taking time to answer helps you with your question.

-Michelle

o

Michelle,

Thanks for your input & I apologize for the lateness of my reply.

I just don't understand why people are willing to 'attack' someone who asks a question and does not include a link to selling something. Meaning, my post was obviously not spam.

And as for bogus posts, I don't know what you mean. I guess I haven't seen the likeness of such.

o

Glad to see you back, Libby! Are your feet a fashion statement now??? ;-)

We recently had some bogus posts removed, they are posts where the first question is about a particular item like shoes, purses, or jewelry, and have no link. Then a "different" poster comes in to save the day with a link to their website with just the items the original poster was looking for. It is a setup that helps the spammer's posts stay alive for a while.

The nature of the beast, I guess.

o

Oh no, I'm having trouble finding the right socks. I like them with cushion, though not boot thickness, & at the ankle. I also want solid color. All I can seem to find is thin dress-like socks, mostly no-show, or all sorts of designs/patterns. I've looked at Target, Kohl's, WalMart, Marshall's & TJ Maxx. I've temporarily given up.

That's very interesting about the posts & spammers. I'm a sporadic poster on GW & THS. And I 'recently' made a new account. My old one was from maybe 7 yrs back. So I guess I never noticed what you're referring to.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here