SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
charles_von_hamm

Skin 'restoration'

charles_von_hamm
16 years ago

Hi everyone;

I generally post in forms like Electrical or Building a Home, but I have a question to ask here.

I'm rather young and have not had acne for a number of years. My acne was never bad and I'm sure now that my skin has "stabilized". What I do have though are some hopelessly clogged pores and the redness/scarring that may come from it.

Basically, the pores on my nose are always clogged and I have damage to the skin from a variety of "remedies" over the years, anything from harsh over-the-counter treatments, steaming and squeezing, buffing, you name it.

The tip, bridge and sides of my nose have faint red/purple blotches in addition to the clogged pores. They aren't noticeable unless you are face to face with me and maybe are looking for some faults, but they are pronounced enough because I have otherwise fair skin with contrasting dark features (dark hair, brown/green eyes). There are also very faint, slightly pink marks on my cheeks, but again, I scrutinize and analyze my face more than anyone else would. My nose it seems though is darker as a whole than the rest of my face, being slightly reddish. I feel also that the clogged pores have left my nose slightly inflamed, making the tip slightly larger than it should be.

The given that the pores on my nose are clogged the skin is also oily as well and has a different texture from the rest of my face (it looks "rougher" and with the slightest bumps).

I'm tired of squeezing pores and realize I have possibly ruined a part of my face from doing it.

What sort of treatments can I try to get rid of the clogged pores? The types of treatments I am looking for in order are over the counter, home remedy (Vitamin A, egg yolks?), facials and lastly dermatological.

After pores are unclogged and cleaned, what can I do about the redness or the faint purple/pink markings? I am sure these are some sort of scarring. I have heard about Vitamin E oil helping. There are absolutely no pits or raised scars on my face, just these spots and patches of unintentionally self-inflicted faint pinkish and purplish spots.

Should I seek a peel, dermabrasion or laser treatments? They seem faint and superficial enough that I *could* easily cover them up with makeup but I'm a guy and I don't want to do that. Could the problems with my nose be the result of damaged blood vessels in addition to possible scarring?

I need to have my nose especially cleared up because I will be having revisionary rhinoplasty within the year and don't want to compromise healing or anything like that.

I know it sounds rather monstrous, but most of it is slighter than it lets on. My nose needs more attention than the rest of my face.

Also, what range of average costs may I expect with any given treatment?

Thanks!

Comments (16)

Sponsored