Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
couple of questions

Posted by houstonmom (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 23, 09 at 14:16

I just found this board!

I need an eyeliner that goes on smooth...what I've been trying all seem to "crumble" and not go on consistently. They've been gloppy and too wide, also. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm looking for a site (free?) where you try hairstyles on using pictures of yourself. I'm due for something new, and have no idea what I want! Anyone know of such a sight?

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: couple of questions

Have you tried pencils, I sharpen mine before every use and I can control the thickness very well; I particularly like a pencil I bought from Urban Decay at sephoras, it's long lasting and goes on smooth.

o

I like Mac Eye Kohl pencil. It's soft so it doesn't pull and I like to smudge it a little for a smokey look.

sorry, don't know of any free sites for trying different hair styles.

o

I had the problem of eyeliners flaking, too. The stuff would get in my eyes and irritate them, or just plain looked bad. I thought maybe it had something to do with my skin type. Anyway, I tried some of the "pen" eyeliners. The ones that work best for me are the ones that are more like marking pens. I just bought one by e.l.f. and it is wonderful. I don't know anyone in my area that sells it so I bought mine on ebay. It's a bit more money than I usually spend, but I love it.

My daughter had hair that she could sit on and was getting bad headaches. Figured it was the weight of her hair. She decided to cut it, but that was really scary for her, so she wanted to be sure she liked what she got. She went to this website and found something that looked good on her. Printed it out and took it to the stylist and was very happy with the results. A lot of the "free" websites turn out not to be free after you've spent a bit of time there. Do a google search and make sure to use your quotation marks. We typed - "try a new hair" + free

Here is a link that might be useful: free hairstyles

o

Sheishedo (sp) has a liquid eyeliner that is extremely precise. Even a spaz can get a line as thin or thick as you want.

But,...it's not cheap!

o

Surprisingly, Wet n Wild has some waterproof liquid eyeliners that are fantastic, called H2O proof. It doesn't come off until you take it off... really! For me, it stays in place ALL day, and through the night if I don't take it off!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here