Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shorts over 50

Posted by momcat2000 (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 28, 07 at 11:26

i just turned 50. What type of shorts should a women my age be wearing? I tend to wear clothes that are too "young" for me and I want to "clean up my act"
I know many people would say "wear what you feel comfortable in and don't worry what other people think"
But I think it's time I grew up wardrobe wise if i'm going to invest in new shorts.
I am 5'7, 145#, decent legs

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shorts over 50

I think capris or just above the knee length shorts are more flattering than baggy Bermudas for women. Especially if they are cut closer to the body like jeans. Big wide clam diggers are not attractive. I'm 51 and have long since given up the Daisy Dukes!

I like some of the more tailored looking styles here.

Here is a link that might be useful: Nordstom shorts online.

o

Thanks Barnmom. So i'm thinking around a 7" inseam....

o

Ann Taylor Loft had nice shorts last summer season that came to just brush the knee. Very nice and not too expensive. I don't think too short shorts look good on anyone but a teen.

o

I like the shorts from LL Bean, the khaki ones (I think called Bayside). They are little less fitted than some of the Nordstrom ones shown on Barnmom's website. A 7" inseam would be very good.

The capris and cropped pants are a great alternative to shorts. I'm older than you, Momcat, and I prefer a little more coverage to go to the grocery store, etc.

Sounds like you think now that you are 50, you are going over the hill, so if you like, I'll be glad to trade ages with you....OK? LOL!

o

I don't think age is the dominant factor for shorts. It should be the condition of the legs. Flabby, varicosed, cellulite, etc should be more covered than attractive legs for those comfortable exposing legs. Of course, if at the beach or the weather is extreme, some exceptions should apply. Now I'm hearing 60 is the new 40, but this is not universal, as we all know. Some women should never wear shorts but we still all have choices. I look the other way when others obviously don't use full length mirrors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here