Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find a bra that will...

Posted by acey (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 3, 07 at 9:05

push my breasts TOGETHER, not just UP. I have implants that are at least 25 years old, and they are fine, really, but I've always had a 2 to 3 inch wide space over my sternum that keeps the breasts very separated. I could drive a car between my boobs! I'd like to find a brand of bra which would push the two breasts together, to look more attractive under V-neck or low cut blouses especially.

I'm a 36C.

Any ideas for what brand to look for and where would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find a bra that will...

I have the same problem, although I do not have implants. My breasts just naturally sit farther apart than most.(I'm a 38C). I finally broke down and tried all the most popular bras at Victoria's Secret, and told the salesperson what I was looking for specifically. I found the perfect bra there, and although I hated to spend the $, I'm glad I did. My new bra makes a huge difference, and as soon as I can afford it, I'm going to get a second one just like the first.

o

Acey~I'm not trying to make you mad,I'am only telling you this for your own good.You may not want to wear a push-up bra.My aunt and my sister have breast implants and were told you cannot wear a bra that has underwire or squeezes your implant in anyway.It can cause wear or breakage to the implant with prolonged use.
My aunt was even having pain and the doctor told her it was cuz she was wearing the wrong kind of bra.
They both have saline though.You have silicone? I think those may be more pliable.

o

Telly2 What was the style name or number of the bra you bought at VS? I wear a 38B and have the same problem.

o

yes, Telly...can we have the number or a detailed description!

o

Ok, I went & got it and looked at the tag....It's the "Very Sexy" push-up bra. There are several numbers listed on the tag as well, although I don't know what they stand for. Here they are: 196512-990. Below that: RN# 70817. Below that: ID# 706521.
The only other thing I remember about it is that it has the "infinity edge" which keeps the top edge of the bra from poking out and showing through your clothes. Love this feature, although at the time that I bought it, I really didn't think it was that big of a deal. Wish all my bras were like this one ! BTW, I believe the price for the bra before sales tax was $42.00. I mention this because several of their bras look almost identical, but I noticed a few dollars difference in price, for whatever reason.

o

I have the Infinity edge push up bra also and really like it too. And it was $42.00. I bought a black one first and just recently bought one in nude, thanks to a VS gift card from my husband for Christmas.

Here is a link that might be useful: Victoria's Secret Infinity Edge bra

o

Go to a department store or lingerie store that has a fitter and get her advice, would be my suggestion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here