Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
natural hair dye needed for cancer survivor

Posted by janetsgirl (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 19, 06 at 8:48

My mom has just finished going through chemotherapy and is in remission. Since she can't use a regular chemical hair dye for two months, she's wanting to cover her white hair with a natural hair dye. Does anyone know of anything that really works? Her doctor is interested in helping other patients as well.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: natural hair dye needed for cancer survivor

Henna leaps to mind and I googled this site with "natural hair dye" and there are others as well.

Here is a link that might be useful: Try here.

o

Henna-based haircolor can be found in Indian grocery stores or online - a friend of mine swears by them but I've never tried.

o

Janet's girl....been there done that....but I had no hair to dye for several months.
I don't understand why her Dr doesn't want her to use a regular hair dye? And also wondering what sort of chemo she had that didn't cause her to lose her hair....but is something that makes the Dr tell her not to use chemical hair colors?
When my hair started to grow back, my beautitian tald me "The dr. Won't want you to color your hair for a while"....so I asked my oncologist, and he laughed in my face!!...Told me to color my hair, by all means!! After what I had been pumping into my veins, anything that may be absorbed through my scalp was not a big deal!
Linda C

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here