Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Details, details...

Posted by ABgardeneer (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 27, 04 at 0:16

This isn't a serious posting, but I've been taking a different form of public transit lately, and consequently, doing a lot of involuntary "people-watching"...
One of the silly, little things that's bugging me (obviously I'm bored!) is the number of people I see wearing clothes on which they've neglected to...
-remove the temporary stitching that holds shut the pleats or vents, after buying the garment, e.g. a rear kick-pleat on a coat, or the vents at the back hem of a man's jacket; perhaps these garments are worn their entire useful lives without the pleats and vents ever being allowed to do what they're supposed to do?
-open up the pockets of a suit jacket, again, stitched shut for display purposes; perhaps folks assume the pockets are "fake" since they seem to be sewn shut?
-remove the very large, visible label that says "95% Wool, 5% Cashmere"! (or whatever) from the wrist of a coat sleeve!

I feel like running around after people with a tiny pair of scissors! .... Whew, it's been a long winter!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Details, details...

Though I haven't seen any infractions as of late, I hear you AB. One thing that grates my nerves though, and it has nothing to do with beauty or fashion, is seeing countless vehicles motoring around with thise blasted information stickers still affixed to the window. What's that all about???

Rotny

o

I was getting ready for church on Sunday and started to put my jacket on----oops----the pockets were sewn shut----I had never noticed this---thought it was a fake pocket---GUILTY!

o

I always leave the pockets sewn shut - I think it improves the line of the piece, as the pocket never shows any gap.

o

I like my pockets to be functional - if only for a kleenex or some notes! I could imagine if one carries heavy things in the pockets (e.g. wallet?), one could possibly stretch the fabric or the stitching, but on a reasonably well-made jacket, the pockets shouldn't gap open on their own. Haven't experienced it (and hope I never do.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Beauty & Fashion Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here