Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weber Grill......Advice on Grill purchase...Please help

Posted by mrmichaeljmoore (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 18, 07 at 13:34

I am looking to get a new grill and have been shopping for a few months.

got it narrowed down to two grills:

Weber Genesis EP-310
OR
CharBroil 4 burner (Lowes Item # 242267) (Model #463268107)

The Weber is $600 plus tax.
The CharBroil is about $290.00 total.

Is the Weber worth the xtra money?

Realictically, what sort of lifetime can I get out of a Weber grill? 10 years? 15 years? More?

thanks for the help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weber Grill......Advice on Grill purchase...Please help

After getting tired of disposable gas grills and cooking on a samll charcoal Weber for a few years, we bought a Big Green Egg a few years ago. We love it! You should look into it if you like the flavor of charcoal grilling. You can also smoke meats on them. They have a website and are sold at places like Barbeques Galore. Good luck!

o

I have that Weber and am very pleased with the way it works and the customer service. I know the six hundred would have bought a bigger, snazzier looking grill in a cheaper brand but still, this is the first Weber I've ever had and for the first time, I really enjoy grilling. It does a low, consistent heat which is very nice for smoking. I bought mine last March.

o

I think this site will help you out. It has great reviews of a bunch of different 2008 Weber Grills, both charcoal and propane. I think the weber is definitely worth the extra money. It might seem like a lot up front, but will pay off in the long run.

Here is a link that might be useful: 2008 Weber Grills Review

o

I have a weber grill and leave it outside uncovered all year (northern ohio) It still looks like new and has an excellent warranty. If I ever have to replace it I'll purchase another, mine is going on 6 years now. It even has a rotiserie!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here