Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cooking egg plant!

Posted by rustyj14 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 26, 04 at 12:46

Some folks like to post their recipies here, so here's mine for eggplant!
First off, ya need the egg plant! I don't know if it is sold or given away, although i have been given some at various times. Here is my recipe for egg plant!
First, wash off the outside of the thing, then, into a fairly well buttered skillet, you slice the egg plant. Season it well with butter, salt, pepper, and anything else you'd like to put on it!
Cook it until it is fairly well browned--then throw the stuff away and eat the skillet!
by: Rustyj.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cooking egg plant!

Hmmm...
Try try slicing the eggplant into 1/2" thick medallions, soaking in olive oil for about an hour, seasoning with season salt, and then grilling over direct medium heat for about 5 minutes per side. A little better tasting then a skillet depending on what was cooked on the skillet previously and how well it was cleaned.

o
RE: Cooking egg plant!

Well, Wheely boy, i must admit, the skillet was used previously to catch the oil i drained out of my truck, but it did add a lot of flavor to the egg plant, so much, in fact, the egg plant probably tasted pretty good! Later on, i found a dead dog nearby, and the egg plant was chewed up some, so its better that i ate the skillet!
But, thanks for your ideas. If i need any more advice on cooking, i'll certainly call on you for it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here