SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

type of grill to use or not use!

rustyj14
19 years ago

I'd like to post a warning to some of the newer campers, about what to use over the fire, when cooking!

In one of the posts, i read where the person was going to use the grille out of an old refrigerator!

Unless you can verify what that grill is coated with, i'd say don't use it!

Some of the older grilles are coated with a galvanised material, which will leach out dangerous stuff into your cooking!

Also, when attending an outdoor pig, chicken, cow, deer roast, or any place where the people are cooking meat or any other stuff over an open fire, make sure they aren't using galvanized chicken wire! They should be using stainless wire to hold the meat on the spit! Galvanised material will do serious things to yer insides!

Best bet is to go to the local store that sells everything, and buy a new steel grille that is the type used in gas grills! They don't cost much and are much safer for cooking! Or, watch fer yer neighbor throwing out his old propane gas grill, and snatch the top grille out of it! Or make one to the size you need,get some steel rod, and weld it together to make a grille.

by: Rustyj

Comments (3)

Sponsored