Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Want To Buy Stainless Steel Grill (outdoor)

Posted by hgtvme (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 28, 04 at 16:04

I posted this question on the Appliances forum but then I found this forum so I'm going to paste it here as well.

"Can you guys/gals point me towards a good quality ss gas grill? And...is it possible to get a grill that can cook both with Lp or charcoal? We currently keep two grills on our patio and to me it is an eyesore but DH likes to use charcoal for steaks and roasts. Maybe we should just build them into the patio so he can have his two grills but they won't be an eyesore anymore."

I have only casually shopped for a new gas grill so I am not sure what the price points are on these. I want a good quality grill that is going to last because we grill often. I would like to keep the cost under $1k.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Want To Buy Stainless Steel Grill (outdoor)

They make combo gas/charcoal grills but I dont think they are any good. I like my Weber Genesis SS. I have had it 2.5 years and cook on it year round. From everything I have read Weber is a great brand it is clearly the best grill I have ever used. This time of year is good for getting a better deal look around and see if you can find one on closeout for fall. Weber has excellent support for parts so I plan on keeping mine going for many more years to come.

o
RE: Want To Buy Stainless Steel Grill (outdoor)

I have had a DCS Grill for over 6 years that I can highly recommend it. Before that I had a Weber Genesis for over 8 years and it was a good grill as well. Although, the DCS is substantially better. The main difference is that the DCS can get up to over 1100 with both sides turned on and over 600 with just one side on.

Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here