Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
virco conversion problems with quick disconnect

Posted by superflygrillguy (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 20, 02 at 21:00

I remember reading somewhere about not adequate flames when using quick disconnect hose after LP to NG conversion. I remember it having to do with incompatibility with flared outlets and nonflared outlets. Does anbody know what I am talking about the the link to where it was that someone has talked about this?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: virco conversion problems with quick disconnect

the other end hooks that hooks up to the house is 3/8" BUT MY HOUSE OUTLET IS 1/2". Thus I have to put an adapter. But I think it is the adapter that is causing problems. I am using a gas fitting made for gas dryer labelled : 3/8 in. O.D. Flare x 1/2 in. Female Thread from Brasscraft bought at Home Depot. I remember reading somewhere about flared parts and non-flared parts incompatibility.

When I first lit the first burner everything looked OK. But the 2nd burner wouldn't light even though I seea spark produced by the ignitor. Then I turned off the first burner and the 2nd would light. Finally, got two burners going but noticed that they are very dimly on. I drilled the orifices to 20K btu standards in case you are wondering (1.93 mm).

Thanks for any reply.

o
RE: virco conversion problems with quick disconnect

Figured it out:

If you have the Charbroil 12' quick disconnect hose, the end that goes into the house is a pipe thread. You cannot connect it to a flare thread. I have a 1\2" pipe thread outlet at my house. But the adapter I used was a flare thread!! WRONG!! Anyway this may be very simple for some, but it may help others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here