Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pricing for a used grill?

Posted by gotj (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 17, 02 at 17:49

I have a 4-year old Weber gas grill. It's the smaller model, the one with two burners and no side burner. It's black. I'm planning to get a new, larger grill (probably a Virco), and someone I know is interested in buying my Weber. I think I paid about $350 (on sale) for it originally. It has been used quite a bit but works flawlessly, has been covered whenever not in use and is in generally excellent condition. It's just too small for my growing family.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be a fair price?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pricing for a used grill?

I'd say half price at best. How much would you pony-up for a four year old Virco (if they would have been on the market that long)? Maybe a Virco isn't a good example. Since it's all stainless it should technically clean-up as good as new if you wanted to put the elbow grease into it. A Weber will show more wear. But the point is that grills probably don't hold their value too well.

For reference, I sold my 3-burner Weber with upgraded SS flavorizer bars, cover and rotisserie and without a tank for $200. It was about six years old and it looked used. I paid $449 for the grill, $40 or $50 for the SS flavorizer bars (don't remember which) and I think the rotiss is 60 bucks or so.

That's my suggestion but I could be way off base. -Terry

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here