Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weber Smokey Mountain....

Posted by casey_wa (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 23, 08 at 22:35

Anybody have good luck with the Weber Smokey Mountain? I have the Weber 22 inch and would like to expand my rib and chicken smoking. Not sure to get the Smokey Mountain or one or two more 22 inch Webers...

Casey

"http://www.driverdb.com/Sean McDonagh"

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weber Smokey Mountain....

I have a smokey mountain and have had great success with it. I also have two big green eggs. You cannot tell the difference in the product off of either one. Yes the egg is more efficient but the price difference between the two is large.

I think if you look on other forums dealing with BBQing or smoking you will find that the WSM gets rave reviews and is/has been touted as the best metal barrel smoker out there.

If you have any questions fire away.

V/R
Jeff

o

Thanks Jeff...

Weber does not seem to offer deals or sales. I am hoping to find a good website to order online. Too bad Weber does not offer the middle barrel part as an accessory to the 22 inch bbq.

Casey

"http://www.driverdb.com/Sean McDonagh"

o

Casey,

Snoop around the virtual weber bullet forum. Did not provide link not sure what the rules on this forum are about things like that.

However you have a a point on the middle ring. Have you thought about looking into the Rotisserire attachment for your kettle. It give you a middle section to work with. I think you could use the original kettle grate as your base. Maybe a couple of firebricks (splits) top those with a second grate and then you would have double deck cooking. Adding coal would be the long pole in this tent unless you had the flip up grid and fashioned a door in the middle ring. You would not have an easily refillable water pan either.

Lowest price I have seen in a while on the WSM was $149.99, I'm sure the folks on the virtual weber bullet site will steer you correct.

V/R
Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here