Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
On A Virco Roll!

Posted by peakmaster (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 02 at 21:36

I am providing you great folks with yet another great recipe for the Virco or any other gas grill:

Title: Barbequed Scallops Hoisin
Yield: 4 Servings

Ingredients

1 no ingredients

Instructions

1 1/4 lb Bay or sea scallops
2 md Red peppers -- cut into
: inch squares
3 TB Hoisin sauce
1 TB Soy sauce
2 TB Dry sherry
1 TB Sugar

Alternately thread the red pepper and scallops on wooden skewers,
beginning and ending with peppers.

Mix together the Hoisin, soy, sherry, and sugar. Brush the shellfish
and peppers with the sauce, coating well.

Grill the kebobs a well preheated approx. 4 inches from the heat source, 3 to 4
minutes per side. Remove to a platter and serve.

Scallops and red pepper are skewered and brushed with a
Hoisin-inspired barbecue sauce before being char-grilled for an
Oriental flavor sensation.

Another award winning recipe!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: On A Virco Roll!

I think we can ASSume that none of these recipes are original.

Source: The Uncommon Gourmet by Ellen Helman (ISBN 0-89815-519-3.

BARBECUED SCALLOPS HOISIN
Recipe By :
Serving Size : 1 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : None
Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
1 1/4 lb Bay or sea scallops
2 md Red peppers, cut into
-1 1/2-inch squares
3 tb Hoisin sauce
1 tb Soy sauce
2 tb Dry sherry
1 tb Sugar
Scallops and red pepper are skewered and brushed with a Hoisin-inspired barbecue sauce before being char-grilled for an Oriental flavor sensation.

1. Alternately thread the red pepper and scallops on wooden skewers, beginning and ending with peppers.

2. Mix together the Hoisin, soy, sherry, and sugar. Brush the shellfish and peppers with the sauce, coating well.

3. Grill the kebobs over hot coals 4 inches from the heat source, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove to a platter and serve.

6 to 8 appetizer portions; 3 main-course portions

o

Does international copyright law provide for a $250,000 penalty for each and every violation, especially when a work is posted without any credit to the original author?

o

I have collected some wonderful recipes. I never stated they were my own original creations! There are other wonderful people out there who collect, try and share just like I do! It's great !

Mr. Spamham, your are a bitter, angry old man. Chill dude!
Enjoy your life and your grill and especially these great recipes that I post. You will not live long with the attitude you have! It's to negative!!!

Can't we all just get along?

o

PM,

The problem, as I see it, is in your postings. First, you are posting recipes written by others with no credit. This is not only rude but potentially actionable. Second, the wording of your postings, as in "Another Original Recipe" implies that these were originally written by you. This is plagiarism and probably also actionable.

If you were to credit the authors of these recipes you post, part of the problem would be solved. However I do not know if the authors or their publishers have granted you permission to reprint their works. Without permission, your recipe postings are potentially violations of international copyright law.

Also, personal attacks, such as you have often posted, are prohibited by Gardenweb rules. Please review the membership user agreement. It contains useful information on appropriate message content. It is also something you should read and agree to before posting each and every message. Here is a relevant passage:

"The use of copyrighted material within postings is unlawful and we are obligated to identify any user doing so. If you are copying something verbatim from somewhere else, be sure it isn't copyrighted."

Here is a link that might be useful: Gardenweb User Agreement

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here