Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone reccomend a gas grill?

Posted by hawkdriver (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 9, 07 at 19:10

I was at Home Depot looking at grills, and I want to buy a nice grill. I would really like to buy a Weber, but feel that the price is VER high. Is there a better bang for the buck? Some of these non Weber grills have some nice features.

Is what I dont want is to have some "rikkety" piece of junk in a few years. Can I get a nice grill for less than $500? Can someone please post some good suggestions as well as where to buy?

I dont need a side burner, but if its there its ok. I also will likely only need a moderate amount of cooking space as we are only a family of three and rarely have anyone over. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Kyle

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone reccomend a gas grill?

Go back to the Home Depot BBQ department or the special order desk and have them price you a Bull BBQ "Texan" cart. Top quality + low price + nationwide availability + ease of replacement parts if necessary = best value.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bull BBQ Texan

o

I'd like to check that out.

Anyone else have anything hey would advise me to get?

Kyle

o

I have a Weber Genesis Gold grill and I am madly in love with it. I have had it since last December and I use it almost every day. I got it on sale and it was, I think $550 and worth every cent. It has stainless everything: lid, cabinet, burners, grills, corian-type side work surfaces including two that fold down or up. Plenty of storage underneath. Three cooking zones. Easy to use, easy to clean, works flawlessly. Cannot say enough good things about this grill. Plus parts are readily available and reasonable if it ever needs them. This is a big deal with regard to grill longevity.

I would not recommend a side burner. Most of the time they don't have the BTUs to work very well. I had one on my last grill and never used it. I now have a camp stove that I use if I need burners. It has 3 very high BTU burners but even so, I don't use it much either.

o
Weber Genesis Gold Link

Here is a link to the grill. Apparently it's been discontinued but there are new models that are similar. It seems the reviewer likes this grill as much as I do.

Here is a link that might be useful: Weber Genesis Gold Grill

o

Check out BBQ's Galore - they have deal on Turbo!

Here is a link that might be useful: BBQ's Galore

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here