Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Pork loin (rotisserie)

Posted by grillinfool (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 23, 02 at 17:59

Does anyone have a good recipe for cooking a pork loin using the rotisserie burner? Also, what is the length in cooking time?
Thank in advance......

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Pork loin (rotisserie)

I know cooking time isn't as important as internal temp. You will want the internal temp betweend 170 and 180. The time will depend on the size of the loin. I personally always cook something the first time with nothing on it except S&P. Then I can experiment after I see what the "Virgin" turns out like.

o

I suggest giving this Garlic Roasted Pork Loin recipe a try. I used my Virco grill instead of the oven and found the flavor to be wonderful. The drippings made a wonderful gravy. As for timing, I believe it took a little over an hour. I may have been running it a little warm though, and I cooked the pork loin until it reached 165. The recipe calls for 140 to 150 degrees, but I wasn't sure if that temperature is safe. Maybe someone else can provide their thoughts.

http://www.copykat.com/asp/copykatrecipe.asp?recipe=1175

Here is a link that might be useful: Garlic Roasted Pork Loin

o

Wilson,

Did you use the rotisserie, or a roasting pan?

o

I used the rotisserie with a drip pan underneath to catch the drippings. I'm sure either way would work fine though. This was only my third attempt at rotisserie cooking so I'm sure there is room for improvement with my technique.

o

All,

I appreciate the feedback, the URL provided for the Garlic Roasted Pork Loin does not seem to be working. Do you have the recipe so it can be posted? Thanks again.....

o

This one would work either on the Rotisserie or in a pan over indirect heat. Time will depend on how hot your grill gets. The internal temperature for pork should be between 160 and 170 It will start to dry out after that.

Ann.

Home Cookin 4.8 Chapter: Recipes From Thibeault's Table

Pancetta-Wrapped Pork Roast
===========================
Original recipe from Biba's Italian Kitchen.

2 1/2 pound centre cut boneless pork loin (single not double loin)
1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced
Salt
pepper
1/4 pound sliced pancetta
5 to 6 sprigs fresh rosemary
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
5 to 6 cloves garlic peeled

Season the pork loin with salt and pepper and rub with minced garlic. Wrap
the meat with the pancetta. Tie roast securely with string and tuck the
sprigs of rosemary under the string.

Either brown on top of the stove or place roast in a 500 oven for 20 minutes
until brown. Add the 5 or 6 cloves of garlic to the pan and reduce the
heat to 350 to 375 and roast for another 40 to 45 minutes or until meat is
cooked.

Transfer to a cutting board and let rest. Add some broth to the pan and
make a sauce using the drippings and the garlic cloves.

Slice thin and serve with some of the juices.

Also you can cook large potato wedges in with the roast for the last 30 to
40 minutes.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cooking Chart

o

You can't go wrong when you mix garlic & rosemary w/roastpork!!!

o

My favorite is to cut fresh garlic into slivers and then insert the garlic into the loin. Just stab a sharp knife (like a steak knife) deep into the loin and then insert the garlic ... I do this all over to get as much garlic as you like into it ... makes great sandwiches on fresh homemade bread with homemade mayonnaise.

Char

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here