Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor Kitchens Anyone?

Posted by jescat (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 10, 08 at 17:57

I am re-doing the entire backyard....even building inground pool and would love to start outdoor kitchen project next. Has anyone recently put one in? I'd like to see "real" pics and share ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor Kitchens Anyone?

I wish I knew how to post pics. I had one built along with the pool. It has the same granite tiles on the counter and raised bar as the kitchen, and looks lovely from the kitchen. Continuity and all that!

I put 20" tiles all the way around the bar sides to that those who sit there won't kick holes in the stucco. It's decorative and nice.

It has a built in sink with cold water, and a UL certified for outdoor use refrigerator.

It has a Pacific Gas Specialties drop in gas BBQ complete with infrared rotisserie.

There are 2 electric outlets which get used for all kinds of things.

There is a corner umbrella hole also.

What would I do different?

I'd have built in lighting.. Like a swirly modern overhead thing with drop lights on it or something (the airport bar in Vancouver has a perfect example), anchored by poles at each corner. We currently plug in a lamp and deal with it!

I'd have removable shelves built into the under BBQ access. Removable because sometimes you have to crawl under there.

I'd have a burner built in also.

Granite (although beautiful) gets HOT in summer, and FFFFrrreeezing in winter. I might pick a more user friendly bar top if I did it over. Something that is not so heat and cold conductive. My furniture is teak, and I'm thinking of a temporary teak top custom made to sit on top of the granite when people come over. No one wants to fry their arms when sitting at a bar!!

Hope these suggestions help. Sorry about my inability to post pics.

Suzi

o
RE: Outdoor Kitchens Pic

Well, it's not the best or the biggest outdoor kitchen, but it works for me!! Took forever to figure out how to post a link: http://s430.photobucket.com/albums/qq26/DesertDance/?action=share&pic=Built-inBBQFridgeSinkGraniteBar.jpg

Here is a link that might be useful: One Woman's Outdoor Kitchen

o

I would suggest you peruse the BBQ Source Forums - they have an extensive outdoor kitchen area.

Here is a link that might be useful: BBQ Source Forums

o

Link no workee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here