SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kelleyjane

Texas Style Barrel Smoker

KelleyJane
21 years ago

For Christmas last year my honey got me THE BEST PRESENT EVER! Better than a diamond, better than a mercedes (lexus, whatever). He got me a SMOKER! I love it! It saved us this summer. I would fire up the smoker 2 times a week, smoke enough meat for the next 3-4 days, roast the veges and taters, and did not have to fire up the kitchen all summer long. I smoked duck, brisket, ribs, chicken, turkey, salmon (oh my this is dessert!), trout, cod, sea bass, mussles, clams, oysters, etc. I made meatloaf, burgers and sausages. I roasted corn, tomatoes, potatoes, zuchini, butternut squash, onions, apples, carrots, turnips and cabbage in apple cider. You can use the smoker like an oven if you want to cook it slowly by just using a dutch oven (one that doesn't matter cause it will be forever black when you are done). Truly, it saved my summer. I didn't sweat once in the kitchen this year! I thank my lucky stars that I have such a thoughtful and caring man. Ok, so he just wanted real Texas BBQ, but that's ok.... we both benefited!

Comment (1)

Sponsored