Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ducane versus Weber advice

Posted by romes (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 10, 02 at 12:28

HELP! I'm pulling my hair out over what shouldn't be too hard a decision. I am considering purchasing either a Weber Genesis Gold B or a Ducane 1305. They seems pretty much apples to apples in most categories (grill size, extras, price, etc.). I would like an objective, informed opinion (as much as is possible) on which is the better product. Right now I am leaning toward the Ducane.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ducane versus Weber advice

Well I have never cooked on or owned a Ducane, but i have owned a Weber and I really liked my WEber. One of the things that I especially like was the way the burners lite, from front, centre and back, rather than one side or the other.

I loved to cook chicken on the weber. Placing the chicken in the middle and turning the middle burner off and just having the front and back burners going. Didn't need a rotissiere with this type of set up. And never had major flare ups. After a move to BC i was ready to upgrade and was talked into going with a DCS rather than the higher end weber, and as much as I love my DCS i know that i would have been happy with the WEber and it would have been less expensive.

Ann.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here