Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
BGE vs grill dome vs primo

Posted by pat512 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 7, 07 at 12:08

I am wanting to purchase a ceramic grill. Does anyone have feedback both pros or cons on choosing between the Big Green Egg, Grill Dome or Primo?

Thanks,
Pat

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: BGE vs grill dome vs primo

Not to confuse you further, but if you are shopping for a ceramic grill/smoker, you might also want to check out the Kamado - see link below.

I've heard very good things about them. Also, if you look up the user "KurtV" at grillwithskill.com, he is an avid Kamado owner and might be able to give you more information on ceramics in general.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kamado

o

Avoid Primo Grill, absolutely horrible customer service. When new these ceramic cookers are real nice. Unfortunately as I later found out these cookers crack fairly often. Once cracked, getting a replacement under warranty is impossible. If your local dealer does not provide service or parts to any of these cookers do yourself a favor and tell them to keep it.

o

Thank you for the input. After a lot of research I decided to go with the Grill Dome. I have read that they have wonderful customer service, an incredible product and it was nice to be able to talk with the owner himself when decided which size, color, etc. to buy.

I did try to reach the Kamado people but they don't answer their phones or respond to their e-mails. Not a good sign when I'm inquiring about a purchase. Maybe they're quicker to respond to complaints, but I'm not taking a chance.

Pat

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here