Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Chicken on a rotessere

Posted by Dixiecat (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 8, 02 at 0:41

Hello. I recently purchased a charcoal grill with a rotessere. I don't have any recipes using the rotessere. I would love one for chicken. Would anyone have a recipe they would share with me? The grill has a hood and a temp. control.Thanks so much, Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Chicken on a rotessere

Here is a different kind of barbecued chicken:

CAROLINA BARBEQUED CHICKEN
Juice of 1 lemon
Vinegar (white or dark will do)
Water
Salt and Pepper
1 Stick butter, melted
1 Whole chicken

Measure the lemon juice, add an equal amount of vinegar; measure the lemon juice and vinegar when combined, add an equal amount of water, then add the melted butter. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the chicken on the rotisserie and baste with the liquid. Keep basting very frequently until the chicken sticks tender. I baste about every 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!

Jo

o

That sounds really good, Jo.

B

o

I tried the chicken and it was great! The whole family loved it. I did have a little problem controling the flair ups as I basted the chicken. What do you do to keep that from happening? Thanks again, Barbara

o

Hi Barbara,

Glad you enjoyed the chicken. It came from a Charleston cookbook. I must prepare that soon myself as I have not had it in a while.

Maybe your fire was a bit hot or try cutting down on the amount you use when you baste, just baste more often.

You can also cook this in your kitchen oven and if you split the chicken in half it is easier.

Jo

o

The best way to control flare-ups is to take the grill off and put drip pans under the chicken. I get the foil throw away pans from supermarket. Saves much mess.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here