Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ireland's Pit BBQ

Posted by zorro55555 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 7, 02 at 22:50

Does anyone remember an Ireland's Pit Bar-B-Que (brand name)that came in a can? It was most prevelent in East Texas around the mid fifties. It was really good and have been unable to duplicate or find anything like it here in Washington state.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ireland's Pit BBQ

Have never seen it.

o

I remember Ireland's BBQ. It was in a can and I believe it was made in Ft. Worth, TX. I was a Boy Scout in Houston in the early 1960's, and I remember taking Ireland's BBB on campouts. Did you or anyone else ever find out anything about it?

o

Yes, I remember it from the 1960's. I liked it, but haven't seen any of it in years.
Stan

o

It was still around in the early 70's because I used to fix it for my family. It was wonderful! Although it really didn't taste like BBQ, but had a great taste.

o

Ireland's Bar-B-Que came into tow kinds. One chip beef, the other sliced beef. One of the cans was red the other in a green label can. Love to eat it.

o

I sure do remember it. My Mom use to make our meals from scratch but when she had no time she'd pull out those
cans of BBQ. She was a great cook but we still looked
forward to Irelands.

o

I grew up in East Texas in the 50s and 60s, and remember it well. My mom would open a can, and we all really looked forward to it. Wish someone has the recipe and would share it.

o

To: zorro55555
Yep I remember that stuff well. I remember it came in a green can. I remember that just before they went "kaput", they changed the recipe. I was still good but not like the old stuff. I didn't know it came from Texas. Ans yes, it didn't really taste like real bar b que, it had a taste of it's own. I don't know why it went defunct, maybe because of the price...it wasn't all that cheap. When I found this blog/thread, I thought I was the only person on Earth that remembered it and liked it. There has to be a way to find out who made it. It was GOOOOODD!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here