Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about electronic igniter problems

Posted by jnetti (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 07 at 20:54

I seem to have a problem with every gas grill I have purchased with regards to the igniter-- the insulation burns off, then the wires fray/burn and low and behold- no more electronic igniter!
The first 2 grill were very basic cheapos. The last one was what I thought a decent (at least more costly) grill from Costco. The igniter died after 2 years.
I don't cook overly greasy food, I clean the grill...
Is it me or is this an inherent issue with ignition on gas grills?
Is there a way to prevent this? Is it less common with a higher quality model (am looking at Weber S 450).
Thanks,
Jeannette

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about electronic igniter problems

The only igniters that I have had konk out on me were the ones that go to the side burner. I figure this is because it gets too much weather exposure. Finally bought a grill cover when we got out new grill 3 years ago and that seems to be doing the trick. We cover it every night, protects from dew as well as rain. The burners on the interior are holding up very well and the side burner works perfectly too. Ours is a Great Outdoors Pinnacle 4 burner Stainless unit and has stainless grates. I personally do not like the porcelain coated racks as they are susceptible to chipping and cracking.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here