Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sam's Club buyer beware

Posted by papster (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 20, 07 at 18:46

Hi everyone, I'm newly registered but have read your informative posts while researching a grill purchase. I did want to share my experience with you as it appears that the common belief is that Member's Mark grills are made by Grand Hall. It was with this belief that I made the decision to purchase a Member's Mark grill island with walnut trim and granite tops. When I registered this purchase, I had to go to www.omahagrills.com. After doing further research I found that the grill was imported by Victory Land Group and distributed by Omaha Grills. They won't tell me who the manufacturer is, and only promised replacement parts as long as Sam's Club sells these grills. I am going to email Sam's Club and tell them how disappointed I am, and that many people "in the know" have a high opinion of Grand Hall's reputation and Member's Mark association with then. Sam's Club in my opinion should not have deviated from this association with their Member's Mark brand.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sam's Club buyer beware

And, U R shocked?! Who has purchased a "Charm-Glow?" Do U think that is what your parents had 4, years? It is not. The old Co. is now caled MHP or Modern Home Products. I grew up in Antioch Il and did the wife's hair 35 years a go.

I just purchased a a MHP, all infrared, and could not B more pleased. I live in Weber country and I could not B more pleased to get rid of the Webber. That thing never worked and over the last 12 years I spent over $ 1,200, tryning to get the thing 2 work. I will never have 1 again. U have 2 do your home work B 4 making your purchase. The new MHP grill was $1,400. Not cheap, but worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here