Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Charbroil Parts

Posted by brnthumbinfl (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 12, 02 at 17:09

I've got a 6 (or so) year old Cooking Zone. Having a terrible time finding parts. Finally found a place that sent me the burner, but now I need the grate that sits above the burners that the porcelain briquettes go on. My grill is old enough that the model #s are long gone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Charbroil Parts

My best recommendation would be to try either a universal fit grate available at home centers, (Home Depot or Lowes) or maybe try Charbroil direct. Try the link below. Good luck.

Here is a link that might be useful: Charbroil parts

o

http://www.buy-gasgrills.com/ claims they can get parts for virtually any grill. Click on Parts and describe the part you are looking for and they will respond with an email with part availability and price. They responded to my inquiry within 24 hours and they had the part I was interested in, but I was not looking for a Charbroil part.

o

This site might have some parts you could order as well, they had parts for my '97 Charmglow.

http://www.appliancefactoryparts.com/gasgrillparts/brands/

I ended up buying the universal Charbroil replacement parts at Home Depot and they're working well. I got the replacement burner, the Flavorizer bars which replaced my grate and Lava Rocks, and also a Thermometer which almost fit into a hole already in the cover.

So far, everything works well. My old burner had been reduced to a pile of rust with flames jetting out.

-ER

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here