Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dent in front Panel of Virco Gas Grill

Posted by Chino (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 13, 02 at 15:36

Just purchased a Virco Gas Grill However, all the units had a Dent on the front panel over the third dial from the left. Is this normal ? I opened two boxes at Costco and they all had the same dent ??? Can any one else confirm this ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dent in front Panel of Virco Gas Grill

Sounds like a dropped shipment! Maybe they can get you a discount or swap it out for another stores inventory?

That is a real pain if you have already uncrated it. I would be tempted to throw a blanket in a truck/van, load it in and drop it off for a replacement (different store/different shipment) when available.

o

I didn't have one there but I had a very small one on the tool holder that can be replaced. I probably won't though since the tools block the dent. The display at my Costco didn't have any so maybe it is your particular stores handing that is the culprit.

o

I would suggest that if all of the units you looked at had the EXACT same dent in the EXACT same place, it is more likely a defect in a particular batch of the panel itself. I don't really see how the grills being dropped would do that exactly the same on every one, besides I think if they were dropped, you would see other types of damage and the cardboard crate would be smashed on the bottom. In either case, if the grill looks fine otherwise and works fine, which I suspect it does, I would not worry about it unless you want to carry it to another store and exchange it. I would instead call Virco, explain the situation to them and I am sure they would send you a replacement panel for the grill. Good luck.

o

My Virco has a dent in one of the lower doors. I am still waiting for Virco to send a replacement.

o

I replied in your other posting. Mine had the dent, my friend's did not. They will be sending me a new panel. It looks like just a few screws to swap and I will probably wait until the current one get's beat up a bit since it is purely cosmetic.

philippe

o

Hi: Thanks, for the feedback.

I just wanted everyone to know the Dent in no way is normal and for $800.00 why should you have to keep a product with a damage. Therefore, I returned the Grill to the store and purchased a new one at another Costco and luckily the new one was dent free. However, it seems to be a factory problem with some of these grills because it is not a problem with the shipping since all the grills that had the dent had boxes that were in perfect condition. I called Virco and they suggested that I exchange the grill although, a big hassle I now have an undamaged grill

Thanks all for the replies

Happy cooking

Chino

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here