Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Napoleon Grills and charcoal tray

Posted by curlylocks (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 14, 06 at 14:00

Can anyone please tell me how they like their stainless steel Napoleon grills and what pros or cons you find with it. We're looking to purchase a barbecue from the Continental series which has two drawers in the centre of the unit. I also don't know which is better (or if it's a matter of preference) whether to go for a barbecue that's deeper from front to back or to go for one that's shallower but longer in length. Any pros and cons from your own experience with the size and depth would be very helpful. We're tired of replacing barbecues so any information would be very helpful.

Also, I found an accessory that's a charcoal tray to use with the gas barbecue (I'm guessing to be able to use it as a charcoal grill) and I'm wondering if anyone's got it and how they like it.

Thanks for all your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Napoleon Grills and charcoal tray

Would love to help, but we haven't gotten ours installed yet. Have you checked prices at zoobler.com? We got a good deal there. I bought the charcoal tray. They say that it works well, and it doesn't cause any problems(which was my big concern). It is so that you can use the grill as a charcoal grill. As far as the depth and length of the grill, I would think that it depends somewhat on which way the burners run(thinking about direct and indirect heat). I would also think that the depth might determine to some extent what size meat you could do on the rotisserie. I could see that having a deeper grill would make you have to reach over hot grates more, and if it goes much deeper than 20 inches or so, it might seem a little odd reaching back to the very back of the grill especially with a warming rack.

o
RE: Napoleon Grills and charcoal tray

The charcoal tray works great .. you kinda need two of them though if you want to do more than a couple of steaks. The one drawback to the charcoal tray is the cleaning. making shure the ashes don't get into the gas holes in the burner. Other than the they work great especialy lighting .. u use the gas to get it lit . no fluid needed... as far as depth to length .. it's really preference (whitchever you prefer) .. Napoleon is a great grill and I don't think you can beat it for the price . best prices on the net for Napoleon is azgrills.

Here is a link that might be useful: azgrills

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here