Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
looking for: bbq corn on the cobb

Posted by desire (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 9, 02 at 13:27

should I BBQ the corn in it's husks or without the husks?
How long should I keep them on the grill?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: looking for: bbq corn on the cobb

Leave the husks on, soak the corn in salt water and on the grill, not directly over the heat source. Depending on how hot your grill, 15 or 20 minutes should be more than enough. Just don't let the husks catch fire.
You can also pull the husks back and butter the corn, replace the husks and grill on a slow grill about 35 minutes, or you can husk the corn and brush with oil and grill directly about 8 or 9 minutes, turning often.

Linda C

o

thank you, I will try soaking them first.

o

I soak them in the husks in tap water for 10-15 minutes. Then I remove the husks, wrap them in foil and grill on medium for about 10 to 15 minutes, rolling often. Very good, crispy and sweet.

o

I like to remove the husks and silk, then lay them on foil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and a pinch of sugar. Add a pat of butter and roll up the foil. I cook them until they're just a little overdone. After I take them off, I let them rest with the foil on for a good ten or twenty minutes. The result is a slightly carmelized, mahoganied corn that is incredibly sweet, but still corny in flavor. Maybe not for everyone, but absolutely delicious in my book!

B

o

I just responded at the Recipe Exchange.

o

In Taiwan they cook Corn on the Cob without the husks, they also spread BBQ sauce on it while cooking, and they cook it till it's basicly chared a little on the outside.

I thought my wife was crazy when she first asked me to cook her corn like this... now it's my favorit way of eating corn on the cob... it's almost impossible to mess it up... short of leaving it on the grill for a hour and/or never turning it...

o

I use the quick method. I remove all the husk and silk and microwave or boil for a few minutes. I then spray with olive oil Pam, wrap in foil, and grill. It tastes great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here