Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: looking for marinade

Posted by zbull (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 7, 02 at 8:43

Does anyone have a good red wine meat marinade that does not contain alot of oil? I used to use "Red Wine Marinade" by Mr. Marinade, a brand by T. Marzetti located in Ohio. You could marinate beef, pork, or chicken and cut it with a fork. The line was discontinued about 2 years ago. T. Marzetti's other lines of marinade are to spicey. I prefer a marinade that tenderizes the meat, not one that overwhelms the taste.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: looking for marinade

P.S.
lpsage, I must be blue collar since I spelled "to" incorrectly.

o

I posted to your thread on the recipe forum.

Ann.

o

Here's a simple, yet effective one by James Beard:

1/2 C burgundy wine
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. each rosemary and thyme
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper

The primary function of oil is to facilitate the co-mingling of disparate flavors so as to become homogeneous. You can reduce the oil here by half if you want, but I would also cut the Worcestershire by half if you do.

Or, you can try this. It's not a wine marinade but is it *really* good. The meat gets really tender but the flavors remain subtle, at least to my palate.

1 tsp. lemon zest
1/2 C lemon juice
1/3 C canola oil
2 Tbsp. sliced scallions w/tops
1 clove garlic, minced
4 tsp. sugar
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Worcestershire
1 tsp. prepared mustard
1/8 tsp. pepper

courtesy Omaha Steaks

Delish!

B

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here