SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carecooks_gw

Would you buy Weber Genesis Gold or Silver?

carecooks
20 years ago

Today was my birthday and my husband gave me some money to buy a new barbeque (my request). I had recently read the Cooks Illustrated article on gas barbeques and have read others in the past that recommended Weber. I went to Barbeques Galore to check out the Weber Genesis Silver C. I wanted the side burner. The salesman, who was obviously on commission,immediately tried to steer me to a more expensive model in their Turbo line. He said that the Weber was okay but it would never really sear properly. I still said that I wanted a Weber. When I insisted that I wanted the Genesis Silver with porcelain grates and interior he then said that I was making a big mistake by not getting the Gold. He said that it was much better to have the stainless rather than the porcelain. I don't have a problem with the Gold if the stainless works better but I would like opinions from someone other than this saleperson. If the extra hundred dollars were not a problem would you go for the stainless steel grates and interior or the porcelain? Do you have any problems searing on the Genesis and is this guy just full of s...?

I would appreciate your opinions. Thanks.

Comments (7)

Sponsored