Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any info or experience with Cascade grills?

Posted by kommissarken (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 18, 07 at 2:27

I'm considering buying a Cascade 4-burner gas grill but can't find anything about it on the Internet. This is a grill for sale at Fred Meyer stores in the western U.S. Does anyone know anything about these grills? Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any info or experience with Cascade grills?

I also saw this grill at Fred Meyer and have been considering purchasing it. I, too have searched but can't find any information or reviews on its performance. FM's end of the season prices make it look like a great deal since it seems well constructed and includes a rotisserie with infrared heating. I'd be interested in hearing whether you have purchased it &, if so, what you think.. or if you've accessed any other information on it.

Thanks.

o
RE: Any info or experience with Cascade grills?

I was looking at these grills as well and finally picked one up last night. All over the inside the boxes are tapes up with tape from "SureHeat".

After doing more research online, it turns out that SureHeat makes several grills and sells them under different names, names they hope people will recognize and help sell them. They aren't necessarily bad, but it is a little low of a tactic I think.

Anyhow, about.com has a couple of their grills reviewed from a year or two back and they scored rather well, the only caveat was the price on some of them. However, since this grill (the X2000) is $299 it's quite a bit lower than the others in the range.

Costco apparently also sells these grills under a different name, and typically for $399.

The sureheat website has been down all day, but I'm sure they will have a similar grill listed with a different name on their website.

As far as the Cascade X2000 goes, here's my info so far:

First off, get some help with the box as it's pretty damn heavy. Second, take the time to carefully open everything so you don't damage anything, and set it all out on a counter or somewhere. I put it together in a couple hours by myself, the most difficult part being the placement of the top half onto the bottom half, it being quite heavy and bulky I was still able to do it myself, though if you have help I do suggest it.

Right away I noticed I was missing a large bolt, it was part of page 1 of the instruction page. Connecting the back panel to the base of the unit. After going on further I found that the back panel doesn't hold the bulk of the weight so I went on without it. I'll contact SureHeat and have them send me another.

The instructions are kind of odd and not written that well. Parts of the manual weren't as clear as they could be, but I was able to figure it out with some common sense and guesswork.

I haven't fired it up yet so I can't give my opinion on it, but for a sub $300 grill I don't think you can go wrong. I got mine for about $240 after an employee discount so it was a killed deal for me. Here's hoping the SureHeat website comes back online soon to compare grills as there is ZERO information out there for Cascade Grills.

Hope this info helped and answered some questions! I'll check this thread for the next couple days if you have any more I'll try my best to answer.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here