Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Big green egg

Posted by kimryan1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 3, 13 at 23:53

My local retailer will be selling BGE used at eggfest for a package deal. It will have been used 1 day. It will save me about $200 getting this used egg. Does anyone know of a draw back of purchasing an egg used once or should i just pay more for new? it will be used in a cooking completion to cook pork or chicken

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Big green egg

kimryan1,

I have 4 BGE's three large and a Medium. I bought my second large at a Eggfest in Waldorf MD and it was just like brand new.

Make sure it is cooled down before you take apart. Bring some packaing material either old blankets, bubbble wrap etc. Hopefully they throw in some lump, plate setter and nest with your deal. Don't forget to ask about the 3 ceramic feet that come with it just in case you ever want to make a grill island with a gasser and build the BGE into the island. You will need the feet then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here