SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
casualguy

This grill a bargain?

casualguy
21 years ago

I researched and read just about everything I could get my eyes on regarding gas grills. After considering value for the dollar, I settled (I use this term lightly) for the stainless steel Uniflame Premium grill (retail price $289.00) from Walmart. I found this grill discounted at my local Walmart for $210.00 (Coon Rapids, Minnesota). The grill has 4 independantly controlled (40,000 btu) cast iron burners, porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates, a side burner (8,000 btu) made of cast iron/brass with porcelain coated cast iron grate as well. The grill uses heat plates (like so many now do) which I decided to remove and replace with a rock grate and ceramic type briquets. I found this (fairly inexpensive) modification to be the difference maker for me. (I personally believe that the use of heat plates by the various grill companys is base mainly on cutting manfacturing/shipping costs and not enhancing the grills performance). I now feel I have my grill setup to compete with many of the higher priced models.

Comment (1)

Sponsored