Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any suggestions?

Posted by MsT___ (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 3, 03 at 21:28

My son's scout troop, and I, are going on a canoe trip in a couple of weeks. It is important to get on and off the lake before high winds kick up. We won't have time to cook a real breakfast, all that is planned is instant oatmeal and power bars. Can anyone suggest something that we can put together real fast with as little fuss as possible?
TIA!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any suggestions?

This is something you can make ahead for breakfast.

ready in 1 hour or less

1/2 cup butter or marg.
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
2 cups cornflakes
1/2 cup raisins

Preheat oven to 350 F.

In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg. Add flour and soda; mix well. Stir in bacon, cornflakes and raisins.

Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 15-18 min. or until lightly browned. Cool for 2min. before removing to wire racks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Outdoors Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here